x
Beta Member

Adding invoices/manual orders to order list

Hello!

I don't know how to describe it well - but what I would like is to have orders I manually create and invoice for to be added to my "Orders" that come through from the square online store. 

Im not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not but when I invoice someone for an order manually, I can't see that order come up as part of my list of orders which makes it somewhat annoying to get an overview of all my orders coming from both the website and ones I create manually. It also prevents me from using features like text and email notifications for order updates, scheduling pickup or delivery when I invoice people. 

Is there a work around or way of doing this I'm not aware of?

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @CakesbyDrew,

I get what you mean here, your request makes complete sense!

Unfortunately I'm unsure if this functionality is currently in the pipeline - Square Invoices and Square Online are two separate products run by different teams, and from a technological back-end standpoint are two very different systems.

If we were to build this functionality I think it would require a fundamental rethink of how invoices work and what the intended use case for the product is, as well as an overhaul of how the Invoices email notification system currently works. Happy to pass on your feedback and continue tracking this request, but for transparency, I think this is one that is less likely to happen than a feature request that would be unique to one product or the other. That said, we should continue to track demand - if it's something we see more demand for we should definitely consider it!

Thinking of ways to get the functionality of order notifications into the transactions you're running through as invoice though, and have them would sending the customer a Checkout Link rather than an invoice be a viable workaround for you?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2