x

Australian account - payment types accepted online

Good Day.  I have Australian Square account and am looking to integrate this into my BigCommerce online store to accept payments.  Please can someone advise the payment types that can be accepted?  My POS Square reader accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Apple Pay and Google Pay - would I be correct in expecting the online system to be the same?

Many thanks

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @HandyItems,

Square is able to process any Visa, MasterCard or American Express card online.

Apple and Google pay accounts are generally based on one of above brands, so they are generally fine!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @HandyItems,

Square is able to process any Visa, MasterCard or American Express card online.

Apple and Google pay accounts are generally based on one of above brands, so they are generally fine!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 7

Hey Seamus, thanks for the reachout 🙂  So, with the Apple Pay and Google Pay, do I need to setup an account with either of them for the online payment to work, or is everything automatically taken care of when I connect to Square as my payment processor in BigCommerce?

Thanks

Amanda

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Hey @HandyItems,

You actually don't need to do anything!

Square's readers will simply detect any Apple or Google pay account connected to Visa/MasterCard/American Express as normal tap and go payments from these providers.

Where Apple or Google pay won't work, is if they're linked to a payment provider Square doesn't currently support in Australia - eg UnionPay, Discover, etc. You'd most commonly see these cases from tourists with overseas card providers, but it'd be pretty infrequently that you'd encounter something like this.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 7

Hi there 

How do i go about adding ZipPay to payments? 

TIA 

Message 5 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @koko91 👋

We don't have an integration with ZipPay at the moment, but if you're looking for another buy now, pay later option, take a look at adding Afterpay as a payment option

Message 6 of 7

When will ZipPay and ZipMoney be available? I have so many customers wanting to use this payment method, especially for high priced services in the excess of $3000AUD.

Thanks!

Message 7 of 7