x

Booking a coach with a resource.

Can this system support booking a coach and a resource with different availabilities?

Coach - Available mon- fri 8-5pm

Resource - Bay 1, Bay2, Bay3, Bay4 available 24hrs a day 7 days a week

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @watas87,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Seller Community 👋

You can use Square Appointments to take bookings, and also create and manage resources. To create a resource:

1. Head to the Items section of your online Square Dashboard > Resources.

2. Add a name (i.e., Bay 1) and an optional description.

3. Select the business location(s) the resource will be available at.

4. Select Save to create your resource. 

Next, you'd be able to assign the resources you created to your services. Here's how:

1. In your dashboard, select Items > Services.

2. Select a service that requires a resource.

3. Toggle on Resource required.

4. Add the resource(s) you’d like to assign to the service. 

5. Click Save when you're done.

The available booking hours would be determined by your opening hours. I'm just wondering whether you're available 8-5, Monday-Friday, or 24/7 - it would be great if you could let us know how you'd like to use this in a bit more detail 🙂

Message 2 of 4

Hey feel free to contact me. This is the problem we face with many booking systems. 

the resource is available 24/7 and the coach is available as a roster. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @watas87,

Resources can't be booked independently of services with Square Appointments. When a service is booked, the resource assigned to it is automatically booked at the same time. At this time, you wouldn't be able to allow the bays to be bookable 24/7, but the coach to be only be available during rostered hours. 

As a workaround, you could create a service for each of your bays, which would allow them to be booked independently of a coach. I'd be happy to pass this feedback on to the Appointments team if you could share how you'd like to use this feature in your business.

While I'm not able to call you, you can reach out to our support team on 1800 760 137, Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time, if you'd like to speak to a team member directly. 

Message 4 of 4