x

Feature Request: Can I create/input an order using the POS?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: how can we can track order progress for customers that come in store to order,]

We are looking for a way to use square to track our order progression when they are in store orders. We have a printing retail business that when a customer comes in and pays for their order, they dont necessarily pick up that day or week as we need to fulfill the order (order>pay>order in progress>order ready>order picked up>order complete, etc) Exactly the same as online orders but in store. Can anyone out there suggest ways to do this please

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @logoexpress-

Thanks for your reply. We don't have that functionality quite yet, unless the orders are placed within the Square Online Store. There isn't a way to originate them from the POS.

However, we do integrate with some apps that may be able to provide this feature, while Square still remaining as your payment processor. Perhaps PoppinPay could meet your needs? 

The only other workaround would be to create an Online Store, and fill out the order information on your Online Store every time a customer wants to make a purchase, so that an order is created. You could enter their card information for them if you'd like. If you have any questions about this, please give our Support team a call. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Admin

Hey @logoexpress-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Just to confirm, are you looking for a way to create an order within the POS app, and then track it's progress? Let me know so I can make some suggestions. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 2 of 12

Hi Isabelle thanks for reaching out. Yes through the pos app, just like when a customer does an order online except they come into the store and place the order? We sell hoodies that we print, but the order will not be ready till we fulfil the order (say 2 weeks) and we want to be able to track each order individually..customer order (paid)>in progress>completed>picked up etc.. hope this helps?

Message 3 of 12
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @logoexpress-

Thanks for your reply. We don't have that functionality quite yet, unless the orders are placed within the Square Online Store. There isn't a way to originate them from the POS.

However, we do integrate with some apps that may be able to provide this feature, while Square still remaining as your payment processor. Perhaps PoppinPay could meet your needs? 

The only other workaround would be to create an Online Store, and fill out the order information on your Online Store every time a customer wants to make a purchase, so that an order is created. You could enter their card information for them if you'd like. If you have any questions about this, please give our Support team a call. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 4 of 12

Thanks Isabelle, I did think of that (make an online store myself) but how will the order progress if they don't pay straight away? as I have some customers that are regualrs that pay on a pay on pickup account type setup?

And I will check out that app too

thanks again, you are so helpful!

cheers

karen 

Message 5 of 12
Admin

Hey @logoexpress-

Thanks for your reply! I totally forgot about this other feature that comes with Square for Retail. Would it work for you? Let me know. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 6 of 12

OMG that probably would be the best thing ever but unfortunately isn't available in Australia 😞 atm...It comes up on the app store that its not available in my country ...so weve been using the tickets which weve been making work for us.. not quite what we want but will suffice! I really appreciate your help Isabelle, youve been so helpful! Karen

Message 7 of 12
Admin

Hey @logoexpress!

I'm so sorry, your post was moved to the US Community so I just assumed! I moved your post back to the AU Community. Sorry about that! I know we're working on making Square for Retail available in the AU, so there will likely be an announcement in the Community regarding that feature when it becomes available. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 8 of 12

Is there any way to input orders that have been placed personally or by phone? Keeping track of all Orders in one place would be nice. 

Message 9 of 12
Admin

Hey @Mandymaker!

That is a feature we do not currently have available. Sorry about that! I will definitely update this thread if I hear something regarding development. 

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community 🌟

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 10 of 12
Beta Member

Hello, I was wondering if there is a feature that would allow me to schedule a delivery order with my POS in person or over the phone with a customer instead of directing them to our webstore?

The problem we are trying to solve is that we take our square to farmers markets and our products are heavy so it would be nice to be able to place the order, have them pay in person, then deliver to them on our next delivery day (so they don't have to carry it around with them). We have an online store as well but we think it will improve the likely hood of customers are in person with us placing the order rather than them have to go on their phone and placing an order through the website.

Message 11 of 12
Admin

Hey @TSBKelsey! Thanks for posting in the Seller Community

We do not currently have a feature that allows you to manually input orders. We're tracking that feature request here and will certainly update that thread once we hear something regarding development or launch. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 12 of 12