x

Can the saved customer's phone number be auto-populated in the send receipt screen?

I've recently added alot of new customers into my directory as they purchase items. Within a minute of asking them for their phone number, I have to ask for it again to send the receipt (the customer is added to the sale). Is there a way for the phone number/email of a saved customer to auto-populate in the send receipt screen so it doesn't have to be entered again for new customers? Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey @Wal_Uniforms,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately this feature is currently unavailable on our Android app, however it is doable on iOS devices provided you add the customer at the start of the sale rather than at the end of the sale on the receipt screen.

On an iPhone:

1. Tap where it says "Current Sale" or "No Sale" on the Checkout screen
  2. Tap the drop-down arrow in the upper-right > Add Customer.
  3. Tap Create New Customer and enter their information. 
  4. Tap Save

On an iPhone:

1. Tap the drop-down arrow in the upper-right > Add Customer.
  2. Tap Create New Customer and enter their information. 
  3. Tap Save

Youโ€™ll see your new customer contact appear at the top of the current sale and a phone number or email address (or both) will be generated to send a receipt.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

Yes I've just noticed this anomaly too.

While it's good to be able to enter a New Customer at various stages during the Checkout process, it is irritating that the later option doesn't populate the 'Send receipt to phone' field.

This leads to having to ask the customer twice for the phone number. Not very professional.

This is obviously a programming issue [bug], and I would hope this could be sorted in a future update. Thanks

Message 3 of 3