x

Can you provide local delivery without having an online store

Hi,

Is there a way to obtain the customer's address for local delivery when placing an order via the links without having to create an online store?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @justhoney73,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I checked this and could not find a way to get local delivery active for checkout links - but it indeed worked fine via the regular Online Store. I've reached out to our team for clarification on this, and whether it will be coming as a feature for direct checkout links!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Hi Seamus, thanks heaps for your reply - yeah I don't have time at the moment to create an online store so I'd love to know if it will be coming as a feature for direct checkout links.

Cheers!

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Hey again @justhoney73,

I spoke to the Online Store team and it looks like pickup and delivery are not currently in the pipeline for checkout links.

The reasoning here is that checkout links serve a simple and basic purpose, and that if you're finding you need a more complex eCommerce solution we'd encourage you to check out Online Store - it shouldn't take a lot of time to get a basic site up and going and you can start with a single item and build your way up!

Once you start adding more features to Checkout Links, such as pickup/delivery fulfillment and multiple locations, then you essentially end up with a page that is not really different from linking directly to a product page on an Online Store.

Another option though would be to use Checkout Links and privately arrange local delivery for your customers. If you're not offering shipping though you'd need to ensure the customers are aware of your delivery zone!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

Hi,

Ok yes makes sense, I thought I could just private message but going forward, it would be better have an Online Shop set up.

Thanks for your prompt responses and help, much appreciated.

Cheers.

Message 5 of 5