x
Highlighted

Can you use 2 different bank accounts?

Can you use 2 different bank accounts into your device with the one reader, and how?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Can you use 2 different bank accounts?

Best Answer

Hey @wjd,

Yes, any Australian Square Reader can work with any Australian Square account - the reader itself has no private info stored inside.

Another business would need their own Square account activated for payments and signed into the Square app on a compatible mobile device - as long as they have this set up, then they can use the Square reader with their account.

Keep in mind that the reader will only connect to one mobile device at a time, so you wouldn't be able to connect it to two mobile devices simultaneously!  

Seamus
Community Manager, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Admin

Hey @wjd,

Thanks for reaching out!

Are you looking to take payments for different businesses registered to different ABNs? To do this you'd need to create separate Square accounts for your different businesses. A payment is tied to whichever Square account you're logged into when you take the payment on the Point of Sale app.

You can use the same Square reader to take payments for different businesses, you'd need to sign in and out of each Square account according to who you're taking the payment for at the time.

Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any follow up questions 🙂

Seamus
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted

Thank you Seamus. Another Q: Can you share a reader with different devices such as mobile phones belonging to other individuals with different bank accounts, such as a community share, or is the reader "SIMed" to only one device?

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @wjd,

Yes, any Australian Square Reader can work with any Australian Square account - the reader itself has no private info stored inside.

Another business would need their own Square account activated for payments and signed into the Square app on a compatible mobile device - as long as they have this set up, then they can use the Square reader with their account.

Keep in mind that the reader will only connect to one mobile device at a time, so you wouldn't be able to connect it to two mobile devices simultaneously!  

Seamus

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted

Thank you Seamus. Your answer solved my question. 🙂

Message 5 of 5