x

Change of ownership

Hi,

I'm taking over a business that uses Square. I'd like to take over the hardware under a new name. Is it possible to use the existing hardware or do I need to purchase new hardware?

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @njari,

Thanks for getting in touch.

You can definitely continue using the existing hardware - you'd just need to create your own Square account registered to your name and ABN! The hardware itself isn't tied to a Square account, this is determined by the account you're logged into on the app.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @njari,

Thanks for getting in touch.

You can definitely continue using the existing hardware - you'd just need to create your own Square account registered to your name and ABN! The hardware itself isn't tied to a Square account, this is determined by the account you're logged into on the app.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 13

Awesome, thank you so much for your prompt response! Have a great day ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 3 of 13
Admin

You too @njari ๐Ÿ™‚

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 13

Ok, cool, how do I change the business name attached to the square please

Message 5 of 13

The ownership of our cafe is changing, so if i read this right, we need to start a new Square Up account from scratch which is truly frustrating, but i understand.

What tools do you have import the configuration of the existing account over to the new account (including, Products, Categories, Trading History)?  It seems crazy to have to setup the entire operating system of the business from scratch.

Message 6 of 13
Admin

Hey @angusbooker,

You're unfortunately going to have to set up most of the account from scratch here - there's no way to import transaction data from one account to another.

What you can move is:

- Some item inventory data (won't include item modifiers or images)

- Customer directory data (won't include saved cards on file)

Sorry I couldn't be of more help here! Transfer of ownership of accounts is a long standing feature request and it's one we hope to be able implement in the long term.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 7 of 13

So........ We can not transfer anything? am I right?

- Products,

- Categories,

- Modifiers,

- Domain name of Online Store (Which is link to square )>>> Idid paid for 2 years and only used for less than 3 months, Any Chance I can get domain back and transferring to the new owner?

TIA.

Message 8 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hi @PWANSOM,

Thanks for writing back in!

You can import your items and categories by following this guide. Modifiers can't be imported across at this time, but you can transfer your domain name through these steps

Give our support team a call on 1800 760 137 if you get stuck going through these steps, or need a hand. Our lines are open Monday- Friday, 9am-5pm AEST. 

Message 9 of 13

Thanks Arie, Basically ,I selling my business. The new owner would like to continue with Square POS System. I did transferring all the items manually (Created new Modifiers, new items) but it is okay now, next is need to transferring domain name to the new owner as well.

and I wonder, with my subscribed for the plan " Professional Bundle Plan" $15/m. I just used it for less than 3 months. Can I Unsubscribe and get refund for the rest?

TIA.

Message 10 of 13

Our team will be able help you out with the cancellation, and refund of your remaining subscription @PWANSOM ๐Ÿ‘

You can call support on 1800 760 137, from Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm Melbourne time - unfortunately we're not able to action refunds, or cancel services via this forum. 

Message 11 of 13

Hi, how are you?
I need to change the ownership of my business.

Is there anyone that can support on it?

thank you

Message 12 of 13

Hi @KellyAS,

Thanks for writing in and welcome to our Seller Community!

While we don't have the ability to transfer account ownership at the moment, you can transfer your items across to your new account as well as your customer directory. If you're stuck, feel free to give our support team a call on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time), for assistance. Please let us know how you go!

Message 13 of 13