x

Coffee Menu Item Setup on Square???

Hi all,

I have a coffee van and want to set up the square items so I can select the coffee size, milk type, sweetener etc but I have no idea how to do it so you can select any combination and the price will be correct??? Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @LachlanB,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm going to copy across some info from this thread because it's just as relevant here - essentially you want to build your item options out with a combination of variation options and modifier sets.

For an item such as Coffee, you could create a single item "Coffee" then add in options/variations for sizes (small, medium, large etc). Once set up you'd just tap on "Coffee" and from there the POS would allow you to select a size you've set up as an item variation. Here's an example I had at hand (it's for milkshakes but the same logic applies):

You can also add additional modifier sets to add things like type of milk, sugars, etc. In this example, I've added a "flavour" modifier and applied it to the "milkshake" item, so that these options will appear when adding the item at point of sale:

How you ultimately set this up and what combination of variations, options and modifiers can vary, and it will be up to you and what best fits with your checkout flow. I'd encourage you to try out some of these options and let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @LachlanB,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm going to copy across some info from this thread because it's just as relevant here - essentially you want to build your item options out with a combination of variation options and modifier sets.

For an item such as Coffee, you could create a single item "Coffee" then add in options/variations for sizes (small, medium, large etc). Once set up you'd just tap on "Coffee" and from there the POS would allow you to select a size you've set up as an item variation. Here's an example I had at hand (it's for milkshakes but the same logic applies):

You can also add additional modifier sets to add things like type of milk, sugars, etc. In this example, I've added a "flavour" modifier and applied it to the "milkshake" item, so that these options will appear when adding the item at point of sale:

How you ultimately set this up and what combination of variations, options and modifiers can vary, and it will be up to you and what best fits with your checkout flow. I'd encourage you to try out some of these options and let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 5

Thanks Seamus,

Big help. We have different milk types like soy, almond etc and it wasn't letting me select the coffee size, then the milk type, then sugar etc. It would only allow me to select one option. my wife spoke to support over the phone and I think she's got it sorted. I'll show her your reply. Much appreciated, 

Message 3 of 5
Admin

No worries @LachlanB, happy to help 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 5

Hi we are looking to do something silmar, what did support advise your wife to do?

Message 5 of 5