x

Can I send a PDF invoice from Square?

Can I send a PDF invoice from Square?

Hi, just wondering if there is any way I can send a PDF invoice from squared up?

I have a lot of clients who requested this and it’s a pain having to invoice twice also through MYOB?

Thanks

14 Comments
Admin

Hey @Voodoo1977,

Once you send an emailed invoice to a customer you're able to print it our or save it as a PDF on your computer - but you won't be able to do this without first emailing the invoice via Square, so you'd need to choose one or the other to run your invoices through if you don't want to double up. Alternatively, you can actually link Square and MYOB so if you send an invoice through Square this can be sent as data to MYOB, if this helps. 

To print or save an invoice as a PDF:

1. Visit Invoices in your online Square Dashboard > create a new invoice.
  2. In the Payment drop-down, select Share Invoice Manually > select a payment due date.
  3. Finish filling out the invoice > click Create.
  4. Click More > Print to save the invoice as as PDF to email or print for your customer.

Let me know if you have any questions!

How do you create a new customer file without having their email address?

Some customers find it a privacy issue to share and i hesitate to ask most times, or you get the older generation who may not use email so i simply just want to be able to still add them in as a new customer, but then print out a manual invoice to pass on to them in person or my post. 

Square won't let me get past this stage without emails which is really annoying. I did see posts about adding your own email but I see this as a bandaid for a really simple problem. 

Any help would be appreciated please. 

Thanks 

Admin

Hey @TaylorsMake,

Thanks for reaching out and providing this feedback on our invoices system!

For some further context, Square's invoice system was designed primarily as an email-based invoice system, that allows a customer to click on a link in an emailed invoice and enter their card details into an online payment portal to make a payment.

Because it's an email-based system, a customer email address is required to generate an invoice, and giving the customer the option to pay online via an emailed payment link is a requirement for sending an invoice. It's only recently that we've actually added the ability to generate a printable PDF invoice within this system.

I can see how this would be handy for your customers who don't have email addresses and will pass this feedback on to our product team as a feature request - we do track all feature requests to gauge demand. With that said, unfortunately I'm not aware of any current plans to make printable invoice functionality available outside of the general invoices system.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help here and all the best!

Just wondering if the option to download PDF on the mobile app has been updated so it can save to files. It is very cumbersome to have to log on to a physical desktop or laptop to do so. It does not have to have the print functionality for mobile, only be able to be saved to files so the PDF May be attached without the use of a computer.

Square Community Moderator

Invoices can't be saved in pdf format via the app at the moment @Aphraeleiss. Thanks for letting us know this is something you'd like to see in-app too. Please let us know whether you're using iOs or Android so we can pass feedback on to our product team. 

Feature-wise, we really need PDF invoices available as a default attachment. So many clients require it for their accounting software

Hi @bakkbone thanks for adding your voice to the conversation here!

We're continuing to track this feature request and will be sure to include any updates from our Product team in this thread. 

I can add my voice to this call for PDF of invoice as a default attachment. My clients' software will only recognize attached invoices.

You certainly can, @hapshealthbar

Unfortunately, I don't have any further updates to share from the Product Team on this one. I've flagged this again in the meantime and if we do hear something, we'll be sure to let you know.

I too would like PDF invoicing as Health professional invoicing to NDIS Plan managers without a PDF as an attachment causes extreme delays of payment or no payment. Then we have to ring them and send out another email through our business email with the Square attached PDF. Which can only be downloaded once the original invoice is sent. Then they have 2 emails with the same invoice number which causes delays if we don't call them first.

I understand that it works this way so Square gets their fee on the payment which I'm happy to pay if Square can find a solution.