x

Creating Bundles or a class pass

Hi guys,

I have been using square since COVID for our fitness classes and it has been wonderful and simple.

As we are moving towards going back to face to face classes and requiring people to pre-book their spot - I can achieve this using stock levels.

However, we offer a 5 class pass and am struggling to understand how I could implement this within your system?

What I want is the client to purchase a 5 class pass and then give them the options to select the 5 dates they wish to attend - obviously these would be entered into the system as individual classes as well. 

How could I achieve this and will the selected 5 classes deduct stock from the available number?

Thanks
Robert.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hey @Rebort,

Thanks for reaching out!

At the moment there's no way to implement something like this unfortunately - bundling of items / services in general isn't currently available with Square's item inventory. I'm actually struggling to think of a viable workaround for this one, the best I can think of would be to offer refunds or complementary eGift cards for customers who book 5 sessions, to the value of what the bundle discount would have been.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help here. I have passed this feedback on our Appointments team - I know they're currently looking at ways to expand the product to cover more use cases in the wake of COVID-19!

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

Thanks.

I think I have found a work around by using variations - being 1 option will be use class pass.

But then the this is a manual process to manage the total number or participants for that class.

Message 3 of 7

Hi can you explain how you offer the spaces in a class using stock levels? I’m about to offer some classes with 10 spots available but not quite sure how I offer the spots for each date etc so would love your help. Thanks

Message 4 of 7
Square

Hi @Rebort @Tracker022

Thanks for posting. 

Unfortunately at this stage there isn't an easy way to set this up using item stock levels. I'd recommend looking into Square Appointments. This is a flexible scheduling system for your business and a simple booking tool for your clients.

New and existing clients can easily find details about your services, view your availability, and book appointments from your website or from your Square booking site. 

Let me know if you have any further questions! 

Message 5 of 7

I manually monitor/manage the numbers in a spreadsheet. 

I used to manage it via inventory/items however it was just too hard as each variation I could only  have a set number of items available (classes)

So I did away with limiting the class numbers on the website but still monitor it via a a spreadsheet and remove the item once we hit class numbers.

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Hey @Rebort,

Thanks for getting back in touch with info on how you're working around this at the moment.

I'l share your feedback, it would be great if we could implement a more elegant solution here in the future!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7