x

Where is the eCommerce tracking gone?

A few days back I had tried to follow the instructions as listed here to set up google ad conversion tracking:

https://squareup.com/help/au/en/article/7040-commerce-tracking-with-google-analytics#

After a number of attempts, I gave up. The instructions provided were not substantial enough.

Today, I wanted to give this another ago and looks like entire section for eCommerce tracking that was under the tracking section is now missing. 

Can someone help me understand what happened here? Has this particular tracking moved somewhere else? I am running google ads and obviously want to measure conversion.

Thanks

Supriya

LOKTAA

Message 1 of 25
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Where is the eCommerce tracking gone?

@loktaa @HP1Syd It looks like there have been some changes in the way Google Analytics works with Square Online.

You can find some Google Analytics options under Settings > Tracking Tools.

From what I understand it doesn't work quite the same way as the older instance, though our eCommerce team are working on adding additional features to the integration. 

24 REPLIES 24

Has anyone been able to set up Google Ads Conversion Tracking on their site?

To set this up 2 codes are required:

1. Google site tag: Goes into the header code of all pages.

2. Event snippet code: Goes into the header code of specific pages.

I have been able to add the Google site tag to all pages using: https://squareup.com/help/au/en/article/6957-add-custom-tracking-code-to-your-website

Has anyone been able to successfully insert the event snippet code and set up Google Ads Conversion tracking? It does not appear possible to add the event snippet code to specific pages on my site.

Running Google Ads is abit pointless if you can not track conversions.

Since many people pay SquareOnline to use it as a e-commerce site I assume that they have this functionality and I have not been able to figure it out.

Please help!

Thank you!!!

Message 22 of 25
Square Community Moderator

It looks like this may be related to the changes mentioned in this thread, @HP1Syd - I've merged this question to the one thread. 

Message 23 of 25

How/ where do I add my google tracking code to my pages on my website?

Message 24 of 25
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Mermaids,

Thanks for writing in and welcome to our seller community! 

I've merged your post to our this thread. Check out the best answer to add your tracking code. 

Message 25 of 25