x

Online Store domain issues - SSL time frames and troubleshooting DNS settings

hi, I recently changed my domain name using crazy domains. I have the i.p pointed to the right address (i think) but am getting a not taking payments message on my site and it also shows as not secure (since I've changed). Does it take a few days for ssl cert to be activated (im to weebly will do this as they don't accept third party ssl certs)??

Message 1 of 55
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Bekh,

Yes, it can take 1-2 business days to process the SSL certificate. As long as you've followed the steps as per here and here you should be good to go, it may take a couple of days for the certificate to configure.

Let us know if nothing has changed within the next couple of business days and our support team can check into it further!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 11 of 55

Best Answer

@Rusticnsoul I had the same issue and what resolved it is was adding an A-record for the root domain.  You would need to add the A-record through your domain provider. So the same place that the www record was added, you should have an option to add a record for the root domain (sometimes it will be * or @ ). This needs to be pointed to the same IP address as the first A-record.

Once you have done that you need to republish your site.  Hopefully it works for you.  Let me know how you go.

@Seamus might be worth while updating the online help with this potential solution if others are facing the same "Not Secure" issue.

View Best Answer >

Message 25 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

How do I configure my online store to accept both the www and non www version of the domain without showing SSL error?

Message 2 of 55
Admin

Hey @PeterW,

Did you recently make any changes to the DNS settings? These can take 24-48 hours to propagate. Also, is the domain hosted by Square Online Store (via Weebly) or is it hosted somewhere else and pointed at your Online Store?

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the expert on this one - I'd also reach out to Weebly Support, who make and provide technical support for Square Online Store. If you're logged into your Square Online Store account, click here and follow the contact flow to ledge a support ticket.

If you can let me know about the two above questions though I'll do my best to get an answer for you!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 3 of 55

No, we haven't made any changes since the initial setup. The non 'www' version works fine, it's only users accessing it via the 'www' URL are seeing an SSL error.

Message 4 of 55
Admin

Hey @PeterW,

I think you're going to be able to get better help from Weebly here - they'll be able to look into your domain and DNS settings and advise accordingly!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 5 of 55

I cant get to the Weebly community anymore as it just keeps bouncing me back to this forum now.

Message 6 of 55

After spending a number of days designing my website and online store in Square Online, I finally published my site and linked it to my domain name only to have a message come up saying that my website is "Not Secure".

After a bit of research the reason it appears as not secure is because I need an SSL certificate which according to Square would automatically be applied to my site however obviously this has not occurred.  

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue and if so how was it resolved.  I am still waiting to hear back from the Square Online support team after a couple of days since I raised it.

It is getting really frustrating as I fear people will not visit my site due to it appearing as unsecured.

Anyone's advice on how to fix this issue is greatly appreciated.

Message 7 of 55
Admin

Hey @fandrews,

I've moved your message to this thread as it should have the answer you're looking for here, however please let me know if this does not appear to be the issue!

Do you remember when you started the process of pointing the domain to Square Online?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 8 of 55

@Seamus Published the site on Friday.

Message 9 of 55
Admin

@fandrews Hmmm, this could be impacted by it being done over a weekend - I'd wait another day and/or to hear back from support, the vast majority of the time the SSL issue resolved itself in a few days.

The message about not being able to take payments is not necessarily related to this though - if you're still seeing this message tomorrow morning I'd give our Australian support team a call on 1800 760 137 to look a little further into this.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 10 of 55
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Bekh,

Yes, it can take 1-2 business days to process the SSL certificate. As long as you've followed the steps as per here and here you should be good to go, it may take a couple of days for the certificate to configure.

Let us know if nothing has changed within the next couple of business days and our support team can check into it further!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 11 of 55

do we need to apply for the SSL certificate or will it do it automatically? I've tried to upload my website but it keeps saying not secure and the DNS should be right. I'm using crazy domains

Message 12 of 55
Admin

Hey @Emmah496!

It should happen automatically provided you've followed the steps correctly. How long has it been since you made the changes? Do you know if you pointed the domain or transferred it? 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 13 of 55

Hi! I put the settings into crazy domains yesterday and it said it would take 4 hours and now it’s still saying it’s not secure and not taking payments

Message 14 of 55

Do I need to purchase an ssl from crazy domains to make it work or will the one through square work?

Message 15 of 55
Admin

@Emmah496 The timeframe for pointing a domain is 1-2 business days so it sounds like you're still within this timeframe at the moment. It's possible the messaging from Crazy Domains is a timeframe for them starting the process, 1-2 business days is on the receiving end.

If you've transferred the domain (rather than pointed the domain) it can take even longer though - are you able to clarify whether you've pointed the domain to Square or transferred it?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 16 of 55

I didn’t transfer it to square it’s still in crazy domains but the package I paid for doesn’t include an ssl certificate

Message 17 of 55
Admin

@Emmah496 Do you mean the Square Online package? Which Square Online package are you on? If it's the free version it won't include the ability to tie a custom domain to the site from Square, but you should still be able to redirect from Crazy Domains.

If you'd like to chat with support they might be able to provide some further assistance here too, and are available on 1800 760 137 (weekdays, 9-5 AEDT)! 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 18 of 55

I’ve had to pay because I’ve got my domaine through crazy domains 

Message 19 of 55
Admin

@Emmah496 first of all I'd say give it that couple of days. In most cases, SSL issues resolve themselves after a few days once you've made the changes. We quote this timeframe on our support centre.

If you're still not seeing things working as intended after that, give our support team a call! They'll have more visibility into your account settings and if there are any issues with the setup they can help identify and resolve them 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 20 of 55

Hi,

I have recently launched my square hosted website rawlocalhoney.com.au, everything seems to be working however SSL certificates are not in place and its giving warnings as not secure. The domain is through crazydomains but the DNS settings having been updated and the domain appears to have successfully linked but a week later the SSL error remains. Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks , Regards

Anthony 

Message 21 of 55