x

Customer name on receipts

Customer name on receipts

Hi I am new to square. .is there a way of having the customers name come up on the receipt? Please note I am not wanting to know about invoices.. thanks

70 Comments
Admin

Hey @Phoenixcounsel,

Thanks for getting in touch!

You can add a note to a transaction that will appear as text on the receipt.

You can also tie a customer to a transaction via your customer directory - this won't display their name on the receipt, but if you add customer to transactions it will create a record that ties a customer to a transaction, if that's something you may find helpful!

Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

Thank you, that should do the trick. It is so my counselling clients can claim insurance rebates on their counselling - they must have their name on the receipt. This should get around the issue I was having with issuing receipts. 

How do you add a note from the Square App on the iphone? I don't see where a note can be added in the receipt. I also need to include my client's name on the receipt as I work in healthcare and the name needs to appear for insurance purposes. I think this is an extremely important feature that needs to be addressed - from what I understand, it has already been requested a long time ago. What is the update for this feature?

Beta Member

This is only view able on the web. I cannot view a customer name on the transaction via the mobile app. How do we have this added as a feature request? I do most of my reconciliation on the go with the mobile app and it is important I can view this in the mobile app. Here is an example of a transaction where I already tied the sale to the customer - it works on the web but NOT the mobile app for Android. Please help!!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YSQ2uPVBvc94HMuz9

Admin

Hey @lebodano,

Thanks for getting in touch. While the POS app doesn't have all the same features as our online dashboard, I appreciate that this info would be handy to have on the app!

The workaround for now would be to log into your online dashboard from your mobile to view this information on the go.

Beta Member

Thanks,

Since we don't typically have a "home base" we are on the go and the mobile app is what we have to use. Is there a way to add this as a feature request? Seems relatively trivial to add this field and I've seen other professions with clients (counselors) mentioning something similar. Would really love to see this! @Seamus 

Same boat over here! We need this to be made possible on the mobile app!! 

Hi @Seamus in Australia we need to provide client details (name and address) on receipts so that they can claim a rebate with their health fund. There would be a lot of people that use square that would benefit from being able to add client details automatically (when the client is linked to the transaction) rather than putting it in as a note every time. Do you know if this feature is on the roadmap for features to be developed by Square in the future?

Admin

Hey @Lizsarbo,

Thanks for getting in touch and providing this feedback. I know this is a common request for Australian medical businesses using Square, and I can understand it would be a lot easier to generate this info automatically rather than needing to manually type it in each time.

I haven't actually heard this feature is currently in the pipeline for our POS app, however I will pass on this feedback to the appropriate team.

Beta Member

Since we don't typically have a "home base" we are on the go and the mobile app is what we have to use. Is there a way to add this as a feature request? Seems relatively trivial to add this field and I've seen other professions with clients (counselors) mentioning something similar. Would really love to see this! @Seamus