x

Customer name on receipts

Customer name on receipts

Hi I am new to square. .is there a way of having the customers name come up on the receipt? Please note I am not wanting to know about invoices.. thanks

70 Comments
Admin

Hey @lebodano,

Thanks for reaching out!

Are you aware you can change you business location to "Mobile" via Location Settings on your Online Dashboard? Is this sort of thing you were after? 

Beta Member

no I mean when I run a transaction I add a customer to it but when I go into the transaction history and click on that transaction I cannot see the customer name. I am requesting you add that field onto the transaction itself on the mobile app since I don't have a desktop to access.

Admin

Got you @lebodano!

I'm not sure if this feature is in the works and will pass on your feedback - in the meantime, you can also access the dashboard from your phone (on a web browser) and see transaction info with customer names via this link.

I am currently using square restaurant, is there a way to add customer name, address and phone to the printed receipt?

Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @daniel91 -

I moved your post to a thread for this topic. 

Check out the Best Answer by Seamus! 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Yes please i need this too!

Hi,

This is not SOLVED. You can't take payments via the web portal link. So either take payments twice; once as cash by duplicating the transaction and then add note then email, and once through the iPad app so i can't actually get paid and delete duplicate transaction. OR email it to myself and then edit it in an image editing software to add their name to it. Either way this is about 15 min per client. 

Please fix 🙂

Beta Member

Any update on this? I'm part of Android beta square and still waiting!! @Seamus the customer name needs to go into the app on the transaction!

Admin

Hey @aFormOfTruth,

You definitely don't need to be doubling up on the transaction to have a customer's name appear on the receipt!

When taking a card payment on the iPad app you can add their name in the notes section on the transaction prior to processing the payment, then the customer's name (and anything else you add as a note) will appear on the receipt!

Hope this makes sense - please let me know if I've misunderstood the question!

Admin

Hey @lebodano,

I'm afraid that I don't have any news regarding a dedicated customer name field to enter on the receipt, and am not sure this feature is currently in our development pipeline. You can still add customers to transactions on the app via the customer directory and have more info appear on receipts if needed:

- Use the notes section to have the customers name appear on a receipt for a transaction taken on the Point of Sale app.

- Add customers to transactions on the Point of Sale app for record keeping - this means their name will appear on the transaction when you go to "Transactions" then click on the transaction in questions.

- Add customers to transactions that have already been processed via the online Dashboard. Click on a transaction that has already been made then press "..." and "Add Customer".

Using these methods you should be able to add a customer to transaction via the app, and also have their name appear on the receipt if need be!