x

Customer name on receipts

Customer name on receipts

Hi I am new to square. .is there a way of having the customers name come up on the receipt? Please note I am not wanting to know about invoices.. thanks

70 Comments

Thanks for getting back to me Seamus.

I'm actually not having any luck with any of the above suggestions given so far. 

- I am not getting the option to add a note to receipts before they are sent (I've tried iPad, iPhone, and website) 

- I can't see anywhere to change the payment type to invoice. It's not in settings, and it's not an option at the checkout.

Are you able to provide screen snaps? Or is there an option for phone assistance? 

Thanks again, 

Greta

Admin

Hey Greta,

To Add a note, from the Appointments checkout screen go to the keypad, then tap Note:

To add invoices to your payment types at checkout, from the main menu you want to go to Settings then tap Payment types and turn Invoices on:

I don't have an iPad at hand, but you can find some instructions on adding a note on transactions done on tablets here.

Hope this helps 🙂

Hello I am also having this problem with the name not appearing on the receipt even though I have tied the customer to the transaction. It also seems random. Some customers names appear and others don’t. 
Adding a note seems like a frustrating way of addressing it and health funds won’t pay out on a receipt that doesn’t have the customers name on it. 
Please help

Admin

Hey @Smarthealing,

While I'm not able to look into specific transaction examples here, it'd be good idea to contact support to help determine why some customer details are appearing on receipts and others are not - without being able to look at specific examples and how the transactions have been recorded on the backend I'm afraid I'm not able to provide further specific advice here.

From what I understand though, are you saying that some customer names are automatically appearing on their receipts in some scenarios? Please feel free to post some screenshots if you can, making sure to block out the customer's full name and any personal details for privacy reasons - I wasn't aware this was currently doable!

You can call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time), or contact us via online chat or email:

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact

3. Go to "Other"" then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message us" or "Email us"

Is this becoming an option soon it would really help with my customers

Admin

@Tanja at the moment we have no news to share on this feature - as far as I know it's not something that is coming soon though. You best bet here would be the workaround in leaving a custom note on your receipt with the customer's name, if you'd like to display it on the receipt.

That is what I currently do however my customers keep expecting their details to be saved for next time and this does not work 

This does not work if using the virtual terminal linked to the payment terminal. Any idea how I can do it there? 

Square Community Moderator

Hey @TiimRMT,

Thanks for writing in 👋

You can add a note with your customers name to a sale via the Virtual Terminal. Notes added here will also print out on the receipt from your Square Terminal. 

You can also add a customer via the payment section of the Virtual Terminal for your own records. Customer names added here won't be displayed on receipts, but allow you to see a customer's purchase history from the Customer Directory

Please let us know how you go!  

Hi Arie,

I tried that but emailed the receipt to be more environmentally friendly and the client said the notes don’t show on the emailed receipt 

Tiim