x

Customer name on receipts

Hi I am new to square. .is there a way of having the customers name come up on the receipt? Please note I am not wanting to know about invoices.. thanks

Message 1 of 53
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Phoenixcounsel,

Thanks for getting in touch!

You can add a note to a transaction that will appear as text on the receipt.

You can also tie a customer to a transaction via your customer directory - this won't display their name on the receipt, but if you add customer to transactions it will create a record that ties a customer to a transaction, if that's something you may find helpful!

Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

Seamus
Community Manager, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 53
52 REPLIES 52
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Phoenixcounsel,

Thanks for getting in touch!

You can add a note to a transaction that will appear as text on the receipt.

You can also tie a customer to a transaction via your customer directory - this won't display their name on the receipt, but if you add customer to transactions it will create a record that ties a customer to a transaction, if that's something you may find helpful!

Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

Seamus

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 53

Thank you, that should do the trick. It is so my counselling clients can claim insurance rebates on their counselling - they must have their name on the receipt. This should get around the issue I was having with issuing receipts. 

Message 3 of 53

How do you add a note from the Square App on the iphone? I don't see where a note can be added in the receipt. I also need to include my client's name on the receipt as I work in healthcare and the name needs to appear for insurance purposes. I think this is an extremely important feature that needs to be addressed - from what I understand, it has already been requested a long time ago. What is the update for this feature?

Message 4 of 53

It’s tricky but it does work. Here are the steps 

• Set up the sale

• Go in to review sale

• Tap on your item

• Now you will see a space for notes, type your customers name in here and Save. You should now see the note in your sale 😊

Message 5 of 53

Hey @TiimRMT,

I tested this out just now via the Virtual Terminal and it worked - though I don't actually have a Terminal to test this specific integration. @Smarthealing has also offered some advice on doing this on the Terminal itself:

• Set up the sale

• Go in to review sale

• Tap on your item

• Now you will see a space for notes, type your customers name in here and Save.

If neither of these work it would probably be a good idea to get in touch with our Support team for more assistance here - You can call on 1800 760 137. Lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time (AEST).

Seamus
Message 6 of 53
Beta Member

This is only view able on the web. I cannot view a customer name on the transaction via the mobile app. How do we have this added as a feature request? I do most of my reconciliation on the go with the mobile app and it is important I can view this in the mobile app. Here is an example of a transaction where I already tied the sale to the customer - it works on the web but NOT the mobile app for Android. Please help!!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YSQ2uPVBvc94HMuz9

Message 7 of 53
Admin

Hey @lebodano,

Thanks for getting in touch. While the POS app doesn't have all the same features as our online dashboard, I appreciate that this info would be handy to have on the app!

The workaround for now would be to log into your online dashboard from your mobile to view this information on the go.

Seamus
Message 8 of 53
Beta Member

Thanks,

Since we don't typically have a "home base" we are on the go and the mobile app is what we have to use. Is there a way to add this as a feature request? Seems relatively trivial to add this field and I've seen other professions with clients (counselors) mentioning something similar. Would really love to see this! @Seamus 

Message 9 of 53

Same boat over here! We need this to be made possible on the mobile app!! 

Message 10 of 53

Hi @Seamus in Australia we need to provide client details (name and address) on receipts so that they can claim a rebate with their health fund. There would be a lot of people that use square that would benefit from being able to add client details automatically (when the client is linked to the transaction) rather than putting it in as a note every time. Do you know if this feature is on the roadmap for features to be developed by Square in the future?

Message 11 of 53
Admin

Hey @Lizsarbo,

Thanks for getting in touch and providing this feedback. I know this is a common request for Australian medical businesses using Square, and I can understand it would be a lot easier to generate this info automatically rather than needing to manually type it in each time.

I haven't actually heard this feature is currently in the pipeline for our POS app, however I will pass on this feedback to the appropriate team.

Seamus
Message 12 of 53
Beta Member

Since we don't typically have a "home base" we are on the go and the mobile app is what we have to use. Is there a way to add this as a feature request? Seems relatively trivial to add this field and I've seen other professions with clients (counselors) mentioning something similar. Would really love to see this! @Seamus 

Message 13 of 53
Admin

Hey @lebodano,

Thanks for reaching out!

Are you aware you can change you business location to "Mobile" via Location Settings on your Online Dashboard? Is this sort of thing you were after? 

Seamus
Message 14 of 53
Beta Member

no I mean when I run a transaction I add a customer to it but when I go into the transaction history and click on that transaction I cannot see the customer name. I am requesting you add that field onto the transaction itself on the mobile app since I don't have a desktop to access.

Message 15 of 53

Is this becoming an option soon it would really help with my customers

Message 16 of 53
Admin

@Tanja at the moment we have no news to share on this feature - as far as I know it's not something that is coming soon though. You best bet here would be the workaround in leaving a custom note on your receipt with the customer's name, if you'd like to display it on the receipt.

Seamus
Message 17 of 53

That is what I currently do however my customers keep expecting their details to be saved for next time and this does not work 

Message 18 of 53
Admin

Got you @lebodano!

I'm not sure if this feature is in the works and will pass on your feedback - in the meantime, you can also access the dashboard from your phone (on a web browser) and see transaction info with customer names via this link.

Seamus
Message 19 of 53

Yes please i need this too!

Message 20 of 53
Beta Member

Any update on this? I'm part of Android beta square and still waiting!! @Seamus the customer name needs to go into the app on the transaction!

Message 21 of 53