x

Feature Request - Ability for Customer to upload images, files to Square Online

Feature Request - Ability for Customer to upload images, files to Square Online

Hi there,

I am toying with the idea of building an online store. Bit of background, I own a small gift printing store. In order to take online sales i will need to allow customers to upload their photos when adding an item to the basket. 

I can do this via woocommerce or opencart. However id like to keep all my invoices and orders tied in with square in one place.

So my question is, using squares website building platform, can a customer upload a image while adding an item to the cart as well as a text submission for names and dates etc...

Thanks,

Dan

84 Comments
Admin

Hey @ThePrintingShac,

Thanks for getting in touch!

I had a chat with our friends at Weebly who manage Square's online store platform - it looks like custom text fields are available, however unfortunately file uploads are not presently a feature. I've passed on your feedback as a feature request.

I'm an artist who does portraiture and I want to have an option where people can upload a photo when they buy my portrait item so I have a direct reference photo when they pay for the item. The item is a just a general portatif, with different pieces I've done, I want to make it easier by having them upload a photo when they buy it rather than back and fourth emails!! The closest thing I've found is the modifiers but it don't allow an upload? I hope this makes sense!

I find myself in the same boat. 

I run a sublimation and Wide Format printing business and cannot believe that this is not a feature already.

Weebly need to pull their finger out and provide such a simple feature.
It is not as if they need to store the file. A simple piece of code that attaches the file being uploaded to an email and sent on its merry way would take an 8 year old 10 minutes to code.
Add an additional feature in the upgraded package that allows for xxMB of file storage should also be considered. Is thinking outside the box not being taught in university anymore?
Allowing users to scale is all the rage these days. It's time to keep up Weebly. 

Alas, here we sit in 2020 and 10 weeks after the Printing Shac posted a feature request, Square simply passed the buck to Weebly and now it's out of sight, out of mind. 

I too would rather keep everything in one place but if my hand is forced to ditch square in favour of a competitor then so be it. I'm certain there is someone that will take my PoS reader off my hands, even at no cost.

Far too much emphasis has been placed on Square being "dedicated" to the restaurant/hospitality industry that nothing else seems to matter.

Tick Tock, the clock is ticking Seamus...

Beta Member

This feature is a must there has to be a work around with some coding??

Beta Member

Need this feature🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Beta Member

I agree been kicking the can on this one since 2014

I am new but offer gifts and totally need this as well. I put a note on the text box that customers need to email me their image but it makes placing an order clunky for the customer. No good. 

Please make this a feature! I can’t keep up with the volume of my orders and the countless back and forth emails between myself and the customers. 

I typically need to send 4-6 emails back and forth, as the customer doesn’t get any confirmation their photo has been delivered via email. Or they have issues sending files via email. Or they just don’t email which creates more work for me to chase them up. 

I love the fact that I can invoice from square and if I sell physically it syncs up to my online store, but if this feature doesn’t become available soon, I’m sadly jumping ship to another host which can provide such a simple feature. 

Admin

Thanks for the feedback @EllieK!

While I don't have a time frame for the potential release of customer file uploads I'll update this thread if I hear of any changes.

This is an understandably important feature for businesses that deal with files and digital imagery, I'll pass your feedback on to our eCommerce team.

I'm also trying to figure out a simple way of having customers upload a file.  What are others doing currently?  I've just started laying out my online store and would like it to be a simple process for my customers.  Is there an option to have a pop up during the checkout process?  I can't find a good place to even let customers know what to do to get their pictures to me.  Any pointers would be much appreciated.