x

Duplicated Sales in Xero

Hi, I am having an issue where sales are being duplicated in Xero as a result of the intergration between Square and Xero. Basically, we are receiving payments via the square card reader which is then prompting Xero to create a Square sales invoice. However the sales invoice already exists in the Xero file and therefore the invoice that Square is generating is duplicating the sales and fees etc. Is there a better way to manage this or should we just turn off the Xero integration and manually match the transaction to the existing invoice in Xero when it appears on the reconcile screen?

Thanks

Yana Robinson

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @WDFProfessional,

I'm not 100% on what might be causing this issue, but do you by any chance have a link between Xero and your bank account?

If so, what is probably happening is:

- Square is sending Xero your transactions sale by sale

- Your bank is sending Xero a bulk deposit from Square

Square does not actually send bulk deposit info to Xero, only individual transactions. Though obviously these transactions are part of the deposit being sent by a bank. If this is the case, you'd need to either de-link Square from Xero or the bank from Xero.

Hope this helps - please let me know if I may have misunderstood the nature of the inquiry!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @WDFProfessional,

I'm not 100% on what might be causing this issue, but do you by any chance have a link between Xero and your bank account?

If so, what is probably happening is:

- Square is sending Xero your transactions sale by sale

- Your bank is sending Xero a bulk deposit from Square

Square does not actually send bulk deposit info to Xero, only individual transactions. Though obviously these transactions are part of the deposit being sent by a bank. If this is the case, you'd need to either de-link Square from Xero or the bank from Xero.

Hope this helps - please let me know if I may have misunderstood the nature of the inquiry!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hi Seamus, 

I am having exactly the same issue where Square has sent the transactions by sale and then created duplicate into Xero.

How can I fix this problem? 

Should I contact xero or square for fixing the issue ?

Thank you. 

Elodie

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Elodie ๐Ÿ‘‹

Welcome to our community, I noticed it's your first post! 

Reaching out to Xero, or Amaka, who built out the integration between Square Xero. Their support team would be able to guide you through setting up your integration so it operates smoothly. 

Please let us know how you go.

Message 4 of 4