x

Entering exact cash amounts on cash sales.

Hello!

I have been told you can have a kind of quick sale added to the charge button. It looks like a lightening bolt symbol. If you know the change amount or someone's giving you the exact change in cash you just hit the button and bypass the following screens. Any help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @HevEv,

Are you able to provide a bit more info about where you've seen reference to this feature?

I can't think of any Square POS features that match what you're describing, however there is already the option (on tablets) to choose the exact amount if someone is paying in Cash. For instance, if you charge is $23 then the next screen will give you the option of charging either the exact $23, or other amounts on which to select to calculate change.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hi Sheamus,

i apologise, upon closer discussion with the person I was talking to we have figured out the software must have updated. The options are the same they just look different 😬

Would you you like me to delete this thread.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

No worries @HevEv 🙂

Happy to keep the thread up as it may provide useful info for other merchants in the future on calculating cash change or charging exact amounts!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4