x

Feature Request: Adding Afterpay to the Square Website as a payment option

We were looking at Afterpay for our square website online store and wondered if anyone knew if this was possible?

Message 1 of 169
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

EDIT 01/01/2022: Afterpay is now available with Square Online! We'll continue to work on integrating Afterpay across Square's product ecosystem, availability with Square Online is just the start 🙂

EDIT 02/08/2021: Square has just announced plans to acquire Afterpay. While we don't have integration timelines to share at the moment, read our update for more!

--------

@jhughe @Handpoked I totally understand the frustration here - having read and responded to dozens of comments such as yours over a long period of time, I'm aware of the impact that a lack of Afterpay support has on Square Online sellers who value having it as a payment method.

You won't currently find a bigger internal advocate for Afterpay support at Square than myself, and the feedback and comments we see on our Seller Community are something I regularly pass on to internal teams.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 82 of 169
168 REPLIES 168

I wonder if you're also tracking how many customers you have lost because of this single issue.  I moved to Ecwid a year ago because of this.  I keep getting notifications about this thread but nothing is done.  What a pointless waste of time your customer service is.  I'm glad I jumped ship when did.

Message 22 of 169

I am also registering my vote for after pay. I have only just set up my website with you and only just realised you don’t offer this until after my shop was set up. I am seriously considering moving my store now to another provider for this very reason.

Message 23 of 169

I was the same!  Set everything up and applied for Afterpay and was approved.  When I found out I could not use it, I changed over to Shopify.  That was nearly 2 years ago and still here we are, no Afterpay integration.   Nothing like not listening and completely fobbing off your customers. 

Message 24 of 169

Hi, Any recent updates from the development team about integrating BNPL? We too will have to leave square if there is no solution soon. Cannot be losing business. Hope customers services and the development team are hearing the customers. Are they aware of design thinking and involving customers in product design. this is innovation 101. thanks "A unhappy customer"

Message 25 of 169
Admin

Unfortunately not @Manhattahchic.

Afterpay support for Square Online is not looking likely at least in the near future.

We are looking at ways we may be able to integrate support for the new Afterpay Mastercard (via Apple/Google pay) for use with our physical card readers, though I don't have an ETA here.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 26 of 169

any updates in the after pay or Zip Pay options for customers.  Our on-line store is now limited without this function.   we are starting to wish we went with Shopify OR ETSY

Message 27 of 169
Admin

Hey @hereifyouneedco,

I've moved your thread across to this one for tracking purposes and better visibility for our product team - AfterPay support isn't currently available, it's a feature request that we're tracking though. 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 28 of 169

Just wanted to put my vote in for afterpay. We could really use it. 

Message 29 of 169
Beta Member

Also putting my vote in for afterpay/zip pay integration - would be a huge plus! 

Message 30 of 169

I will leaving square due to not having the integration of afterpay or sezzle!! I’ve been with square for 4 years and I really HATE to have to uproot my store but the time has come!  Either I uproot or continue to loss customers!! This is ridiculous all of the other platforms have some type of payment plan integration!!  

Message 31 of 169

I don't believe you need further tracking, as your 'customers' are your answer. So many requests and yet no answers. This is very disappointing!

Message 32 of 169
Beta Member

So true, 

Paypal is a paid extra as part of weebly, surely a mutual agreement could be forged between square and zip/afterpay. They are extremely popular platforms these days and another point of credibility for our stores. 

Hope this can change. 

Message 33 of 169

I thought Afterpay just pay square the full amount and then Afterpay deal with the follow up payments and make their money off that. 

It is sooo common here in Australia my store is losing business without it. The only reason I can think why it's not on square is pressure from banks?? 

Please add afterpay or zip pay or make your own!!! even better. Paypal have done it. 

Message 34 of 169

Has anyone had any feed back regarding future integration with Afterpay?

Message 35 of 169
Admin

Hey @JodieLeeDines,

I've moved your post to this thread where we're currently tracking AfterPay as a feature request.

I don't have any news on if or when AfterPay will be integrated with Square Online or Weebly, however I will update this thread if I hear anything further in the future.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 36 of 169

I'd just like to add my vote...please look at afterpay integration! Right now I have some convoluted stuff happening with ecwid and square, i would love to shift my whole e-store over to Square, as your interface looks very appealing and I would love to have one less thing to manage. There's a lot of double work happening right now!

Loving all the new stuff coming in Square, its looking very exciting around here!

Message 37 of 169
Admin

@redbootsphoto I'm hoping that this development will mean AfterPay will actually work via Square soon without need for an integration at all!

If I'm able to confirm this works once AfterPay's changes go live I'll be tagging everyone in this thread to make sure everyone gets an update!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 38 of 169
Beta Member

Can Square accept Afterpay as a payment method?

Message 39 of 169
Admin

Hey @Uricinex,

I've moved your post to this thread where we're tracking requests for AfterPay. Unfortunately there's no AfterPay integration available at the moment, however I'll update this thread if this does change in the future.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help here!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 40 of 169

I’m currently using square for for my business but wanting to set up a payment option I.e Afterpay, Zippay, pay advantage but square does not recognise or accept these is there one payment plan that square does?

Message 41 of 169
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Mez,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Seller Community 😊

I've moved your post to this thread where we're tracking requests for AfterPay. While we don't have a AfterPay, or ZipPay integration available at the moment, we'll update this thread if there are any changes in the future! 

Message 42 of 169