x

Feature Request: Add a payment installment platform to my website (Sezzle, Afterpay, Affirm, etc)

Feature Request: Add a payment installment platform to my website (Sezzle, Afterpay, Affirm, etc)

The title of this post has been edited from the original: When will Sezzle be added as a payment option?

I have been losing customers because I don’t have Sezzle as my option. I really

do not want to switch over to Shopify. I love my website here at Square! When will Sezzle or even AFTERPAY be available?

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Add a payment installment platform to my website (Sezzle, Afterpay, Affirm, etc

@Stellasmom 

Square Online is eager and excited to announce our integration of Afterpay, allowing you to offer a buy now, pay later payment option on your Square Online site.

Available now, Afterpay lets your customers pay in four equal, interest-free installments over six weeks, while you get paid in full immediately. Learn more here.

*Please Note: Only certain business types are eligible to use Afterpay at this time.

Try Afterpay at no extra charge

Through May 10, 2022, you’ll pay the same 2.9% + 30¢ processing fee for Afterpay transactions as you do on all Square Online transactions. There’s no additional setup cost or monthly fee.1 2

Benefits of accepting Afterpay

✔️   Drive incremental sales: Sellers see a 20% increase in cart conversion on average, and more repeat customers.

✔️    Increase average order value: Afterpay lets customers get what they want, when they want it, increasing average order value by up to 40%.

✔️    Attract new customers: Merchants find that 30% or more of Afterpay customers are  new to their brand.

How Afterpay works for you

✔️    Get paid upfront: You'll get paid within days for purchases made with Afterpay.

✔️    Minimize your risk: We take on the risk, including chargebacks and fraud so you can focus on growing your business.

✔️    Receive daily settlement reports: Get access to transactional information that you can use to reconcile or verify orders.

With Afterpay, you’ll never miss out on a big sale.  And unlike other installment platforms competitors, Afterpay doesn’t require additional integration—it’s automatically available as a Square payment option for Square Online, and works out of the box. You’ll  also get paid up front—we assume the risk, including chargebacks and fraud. More questions? See our support article here

Coming Soon: Afterpay will be integrated with more Square products later this year—we’ll keep you posted!

You can enable Afterpay in your Square Online checkout settings here .

Want to try Square Online for free? Learn more here.

Turning on Afterpay means you have read and consented to the Afterpay Terms and Conditions.

117 Comments

Hi, is there anymore talk of offering after pay, sezzle, or something similar? If not I may have to switch to a different POS. I would really like to not have to do that.

Beta Member

Hi. Yes, we've had an incredible experience with them - and yep, their rates are lower than everyone else's - way lower. But, here's the thing - they used to have HORRID Customer Service. I mean, like you wondered if anybody even worked at the company. But, I've personally spoken to many people from the company over the years (like even on the phone), but there was a point where they were just missing in action. But it seems like they're back to normal now. Who knows? Growing Pains maybe?

Here's the other thing - their checkout process is VERY, what's the word - a bit much. Like they make you connect a bank account (for validation, they don't pull any money from it), etc. I've heard from Clients that it's really scary : ) And it is a little, but they're an established company and we've never had a problem with them - and none of our clients have ever complained after checking out with them. 

Our Checkout Site is powered by WooCommerce + Square + ViaBill and it's been amazing. If you want, we can help you set it up so you can accept ViaBill too. I think our sales literally tripled shortly after adding them to our strategy. If they lightened up on their checkout process I bet our sales would quintuple. 

Beta Member

You don't have to switch companies. You can literally just add a Checkout page dedicated to almost all of them. The thing is - they all make plugins for Wordpress as one of the first things they do. So what we did was simply make a Wordpress website, added WooCommerce, then added the Square Plugin - and then started adding the "Checkout" companies. Simple. 

We actually love it so much we never even got around to adding a "Square"/Weebly site. Although there's nothing wrong with doing that too. It's about how you tie it all together. Tons of sites us a totally different service for multiple things then simply put a button on their home page that links to and opens that page - from Ordering online to Delivery. So, why not "Financing" or "Payment Plans"?

This is our WooCommerce/Worpdress Installation that we put RIGHT inside our main website. Nobody ever even notices it's technically a website inside a website. We design both so we designed it to simply have more of a grid-layout "Shop" feel.

https://getpreorder.com/shop/

We do UI/UX design and are an official Square Partner, so all this stuff is really easy. Let us know if you need help. There are so many good "checkout" services these days, that we'd absolutely recommend adding something like WooCommerce to your existing game-plan. 

It's all about Omni-Channel these days. That means having multiple ways of getting orders and sales in. It's actually a smart and good thing!

Beta Member

See my answer towards the end of this thread! Easy problem to fix.

Thanks for the detailed feedback. How quickly do they transfer money from the order into your account? That's another complaint about ViaBill that I read, which is there's often a long delay.

I already have a WP/Woo website with Square as the processor. So, adding one of the financing options should be pretty straightforward with a plugin. Now, it's a matter of deciding which one is the least risk with a reasonable transaction fee.

Beta Member

3 business days. They claim if you do a lot of volume they may consider making it 2 business days. And ok, cool, if you have that setup then it'll be easy to install. 

I would love more information on this, please! Thanks

Admin

Hi @Stellasmom!

Welcome to the Seller Community 💡

I looked into this for you, and Square will not have the option to accept Afterpay or Sezzle in the near future. However, it is a feature request we're monitoring closely, and I'll make sure to post in this thread when I hear an update. 

It would be nice to be able to offer afterpay or sezzle to my customers. Square does not integrate with either one. I have a LOT of customers requesting one or the other and am considering moving to another platform that will integrate. Any idea if this will be offered anytime soon through Square?

PayPal is now offering a pay in 4 option which allows the customers to check out with Paypal and pay for their items in 4 easy payments. Is Square integrating this feature in the checkout options? Can we add this feature to the checkout as Paypal has provided the code and end user language to make this feature available?