x

Feature Request: Add a payment installment platform to my website (Sezzle, Afterpay, Affirm, etc)

Feature Request: Add a payment installment platform to my website (Sezzle, Afterpay, Affirm, etc)

The title of this post has been edited from the original: When will Sezzle be added as a payment option?

I have been losing customers because I don’t have Sezzle as my option. I really

do not want to switch over to Shopify. I love my website here at Square! When will Sezzle or even AFTERPAY be available?

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Add a payment installment platform to my website (Sezzle, Afterpay, Affirm, etc

@Stellasmom 

Square Online is eager and excited to announce our integration of Afterpay, allowing you to offer a buy now, pay later payment option on your Square Online site.

Available now, Afterpay lets your customers pay in four equal, interest-free installments over six weeks, while you get paid in full immediately. Learn more here.

*Please Note: Only certain business types are eligible to use Afterpay at this time.

Try Afterpay at no extra charge

Through May 10, 2022, you’ll pay the same 2.9% + 30¢ processing fee for Afterpay transactions as you do on all Square Online transactions. There’s no additional setup cost or monthly fee.1 2

Benefits of accepting Afterpay

✔️   Drive incremental sales: Sellers see a 20% increase in cart conversion on average, and more repeat customers.

✔️    Increase average order value: Afterpay lets customers get what they want, when they want it, increasing average order value by up to 40%.

✔️    Attract new customers: Merchants find that 30% or more of Afterpay customers are  new to their brand.

How Afterpay works for you

✔️    Get paid upfront: You'll get paid within days for purchases made with Afterpay.

✔️    Minimize your risk: We take on the risk, including chargebacks and fraud so you can focus on growing your business.

✔️    Receive daily settlement reports: Get access to transactional information that you can use to reconcile or verify orders.

With Afterpay, you’ll never miss out on a big sale.  And unlike other installment platforms competitors, Afterpay doesn’t require additional integration—it’s automatically available as a Square payment option for Square Online, and works out of the box. You’ll  also get paid up front—we assume the risk, including chargebacks and fraud. More questions? See our support article here

Coming Soon: Afterpay will be integrated with more Square products later this year—we’ll keep you posted!

You can enable Afterpay in your Square Online checkout settings here .

Want to try Square Online for free? Learn more here.

Turning on Afterpay means you have read and consented to the Afterpay Terms and Conditions.

117 Comments

I don't understand why AFTERPAY/SEZZLE/QUADPAY/KLARNA etc are not compatible with this platform. I understand that square attempted square financing but these companies I've listed allow our business to reach new heights. It is in Square's best interest to contact these companies to work with them in allowing this service to Square customers. If I don't see an effort to change this by the end of March, I will be working on a new e-commerce website (most likely shopify) so that I can enjoy this as well as the apps which also seem to be lacking on Square. I'm sure many others have done the same. I hate having to make a decision like this but this is apparently a popular issue that has carried on for at least a year. 

Beta Member

Yes please, Square needs to catch up with the times! If they don't offer a shop now pay later option soon I will be forced to change online services.

Alumni

Noted! Thanks for the upvote 🙂 @Ahocke

Beta Member

Any word on installment payments for customers? I know square took it away due to COVID. Sezzle and afterpay is available through other pos systems. I’m really thinking of changing. 

Square Community Moderator

Hi @Strengthdignity and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to a thread where this question has been answered already.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Beta Member

We recently began offering a third party financing company as a way for customers to purchase items. We need to be able to show the sale in Square to keep track of COGS and other reports.  The only payment tender set up right now is credit card and cash sales.   How do we enter these sales in Square Point of Sale. 

Beta Member

Square has been looking into this/tracking this for the past 2-3 years. I realized I was posting in the Australian community. They are requesting it over there as well. Shop owners are loosing money due to this not being a viable option. Square hasn't even come out with a comparable product. I don't want to move my shop but I will...This is just not acceptable.

I have been asked by a number of customers if i could offer Clear pay or similar on my website but as far as I'm aware there is no integration for this which is a shame and I'm not sure why square wouldn't want to help customers and boost sales with this feature.

Any one have any answers to how i could set this up on the website ?

Super Seller

Square is a card processing company, so for the bulk of their users the only income they have from us for the services they provide is that % of the transaction. 

The only alternative offered for the online store is PayPal on the highest tier plan. 

If you wanted to provide a monthly payment plan then you would be able to do this with the invoices feature & set split payments for the sale. This wouldn’t integrate with the online system though. 

Admin

Hey @coffeebean01, thanks for raising this and thanks for jumping in as well @Sam_400º

Our Partnership team are always looking to expand our integration offerings and I know there have been discussions about companies like ClearPay, Klarna and AfterPay, etc. Unfortunately we don't have any timeline to share right now as to when these integration will be available, but we'll keep checking in with the appropriate team and follow up when we have an update to share.