x

Feature Request: Add a payment installment platform to my website (Sezzle, Afterpay, Affirm, etc)

Feature Request: Add a payment installment platform to my website (Sezzle, Afterpay, Affirm, etc)

The title of this post has been edited from the original: When will Sezzle be added as a payment option?

I have been losing customers because I don’t have Sezzle as my option. I really

do not want to switch over to Shopify. I love my website here at Square! When will Sezzle or even AFTERPAY be available?

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Add a payment installment platform to my website (Sezzle, Afterpay, Affirm, etc

@Stellasmom 

Square Online is eager and excited to announce our integration of Afterpay, allowing you to offer a buy now, pay later payment option on your Square Online site.

Available now, Afterpay lets your customers pay in four equal, interest-free installments over six weeks, while you get paid in full immediately. Learn more here.

*Please Note: Only certain business types are eligible to use Afterpay at this time.

Try Afterpay at no extra charge

Through May 10, 2022, you’ll pay the same 2.9% + 30¢ processing fee for Afterpay transactions as you do on all Square Online transactions. There’s no additional setup cost or monthly fee.1 2

Benefits of accepting Afterpay

✔️   Drive incremental sales: Sellers see a 20% increase in cart conversion on average, and more repeat customers.

✔️    Increase average order value: Afterpay lets customers get what they want, when they want it, increasing average order value by up to 40%.

✔️    Attract new customers: Merchants find that 30% or more of Afterpay customers are  new to their brand.

How Afterpay works for you

✔️    Get paid upfront: You'll get paid within days for purchases made with Afterpay.

✔️    Minimize your risk: We take on the risk, including chargebacks and fraud so you can focus on growing your business.

✔️    Receive daily settlement reports: Get access to transactional information that you can use to reconcile or verify orders.

With Afterpay, you’ll never miss out on a big sale.  And unlike other installment platforms competitors, Afterpay doesn’t require additional integration—it’s automatically available as a Square payment option for Square Online, and works out of the box. You’ll  also get paid up front—we assume the risk, including chargebacks and fraud. More questions? See our support article here

Coming Soon: Afterpay will be integrated with more Square products later this year—we’ll keep you posted!

You can enable Afterpay in your Square Online checkout settings here .

Want to try Square Online for free? Learn more here.

Turning on Afterpay means you have read and consented to the Afterpay Terms and Conditions.

117 Comments

Hi, I just want to recommend integrating buy now pay later platforms for websites. It'll garner more audience and sales for all square users. Thank you.

Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @pmcrystals 👋 Welcome here to the Seller Community!

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding after payment options. Take a look at this Best Answer from this same thread - it will help add some context to bringing this feature forth. 

Beta Member

Hopefully, this is a sign of good things to come (won't hold my breath though). I got this email from Square saying they are planning to integrate with Affirm/Afterpay. Hopefully, Square/Weebly is serious about this and are rolling this out soon, they are already WAY WAY behind the competition here. I had to build another website on BigCommerce specifically to offer customers financing, but am hoping not to have to switch permanently. 

Hi there, 
This is Jordan with the Square eCommerce Team here! While we don't currently have installments as a feature on Square Online currently, we do have plans to partner with Afterpay and Affirm in the near future. While we don't currently have a time frame or release date for this yet, it is on our road-map to add to the platform soon! Feel free to visit our Seller Community to share your suggestion, and let us know how it would benefit your business.

Best wishes, 
Jordan
Square Online & Weebly Customer Success
Live Chat: weebly.com/app/help
Weebly Hours of Operation: 6am - 6pm PST Mon- Fri | 8am - 5pm Sat/Sun

thehuntworks_0-1616199080240.gif

Can we please offer AfterPay, Sezzle, or some kind of payment play for customers? I know there is nothing offered right now but PLEASE offer this. Do you know how many more customers that small businesses would have if this was an option? I've been asked several times about it and I hate losing a sale because of it. Please take this in to consideration, I know I'm not the only one who would love to have this feature!

Super Seller

I Believe someone just got an email from Square team that at some point, no ETA that they are hoping to incorporate Affirm and Afterpay with Square. 

I would myself would love to see Square Installments back for customers as well. 

Beta Member

The least they could do is start square installments againS. That would give us something while we wait for afterpay

I agree! WE NEED THIS!!! COVID or not - my customers like this option! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let this integration of these programs be added ASAP!!!!!!

Super Seller

@ashc, any update on this? PayPal Pay in 4 is coming to Australia in June and we're keen to ditch Afterpay. Would be so good to just use PayPal instead for pay later customers (much cheaper and easier!). Squarespace already likely to support for online sales now that they support Afterpay, so just need Square to support in-store in POS and Appointments.

Here to add another vote for installment options. Not offering this is hindering sales.

Beta Member

This is definitely a game changer for us. We are looking to move our website from shopify to square and without afterpay this is a deal breaker. 70% of our online sales are through afterpay... 🙂