x

Feature Request: Adding Afterpay to the Square Website as a payment option

We were looking at Afterpay for our square website online store and wondered if anyone knew if this was possible?

Message 1 of 169
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

EDIT 01/01/2022: Afterpay is now available with Square Online! We'll continue to work on integrating Afterpay across Square's product ecosystem, availability with Square Online is just the start ๐Ÿ™‚

EDIT 02/08/2021: Square has just announced plans to acquire Afterpay. While we don't have integration timelines to share at the moment, read our update for more!

--------

@jhughe @Handpoked I totally understand the frustration here - having read and responded to dozens of comments such as yours over a long period of time, I'm aware of the impact that a lack of Afterpay support has on Square Online sellers who value having it as a payment method.

You won't currently find a bigger internal advocate for Afterpay support at Square than myself, and the feedback and comments we see on our Seller Community are something I regularly pass on to internal teams.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 82 of 169
168 REPLIES 168
Admin

Hey @Leadinveck,

Unfortunately there's no integration between Square Online and AfterPay at the moment. We are tracking feedback and feature requests for AfterPay and similar platforms, but don't have anything to announce at the moment.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help here!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 169
Beta Member

Any update on this?  Afterpay is needed for small businesses and I really wanted to use square fo my online store. 

Message 3 of 169
Admin

Hey @renmishele,

No updates at the moment unfortunately. While we're still tracking feedback on demand here, we don't have any news to share regarding AfterPay integration.

If this changes in the future I'll make sure to alert everyone in this thread!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 169

Hey @Seamus.  Just wondering if this is the same for ZipPay?  I really need to get it setup with my online shop, but will have to change providers if I cant set it up with Square.

Message 5 of 169
Admin

Hey @JenC,

At the moment there aren't any "buy now pay later" apps available with Square Online Store. Sorry we couldn't be of more help here!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 169

Any update? this would take square to the next level! 

Message 7 of 169
Admin

No update at the moment @terrariumstudio - I'm not sure if we'll see AfterPay support in the short term, but I'll continue to track community feedback and pass it on to our product teams!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 8 of 169

Hi! I checked the dates of the above convo about square and AfterPay and it was a while back and Iโ€™m wondering if there has been any change? I am soooo desperate to be able to offer afterpay. After investing in the full square stand and the time spent learning and building the POS for instore and our website it was just so heartbreaking to learn I canโ€™t offer any kind of instalment payments like a lot of my competitors. I had no idea before committing to square that this wouldnโ€™t be an option. It just seemed like such a given that I didnโ€™t check and now Iโ€™m kicking myself for going with square and missing out on so much chance for business growth. Please tell me there has been a change and itโ€™s coming soon? So sad to go back to the beginning with another system after getting square operational for instore and online

Message 9 of 169

As of now, no. I wish I had the opposite answer but it doesn't look like it's happening anytime soon. Unless they just haven't announced it. 

Message 10 of 169
Admin

Hey @Corinne1,

Thanks for getting in touch and providing feedback on your experience.

As of now I'm not aware of any plans Square has to integrate Afterpay or BNPL support in to Square online - though I agree that something that would be immensely beneficial to our sellers and is increasingly becoming an expectation for businesses. I'll continue to pass on feedback in this thread.

If you're looking to use Afterpay on a Square Reader using Square Point of Sale, I have heard that Afterpay can help get this running through a workaround they have on their end via doing some test transactions with their support team. This is a non official integration but I have heard it's worked for some sellers.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 11 of 169

Just putting my vote in for afterpay or any payment installment app to be honest. This function is core to remaining competitive.

Message 12 of 169
Beta Member

Hello!

Is there any update on integrating after pay or sezzle with weebly/square? This has been a hindrance this holiday season. It is really an inconvenience to not be an option. I am looking at moving to shopify for this very reason.

Message 13 of 169

Any update on after pay and zip pay being added??? putting my vote in ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 14 of 169

I agree, we need this now.

Message 15 of 169

You really need to look at introducing Afterpay, as many of us retailers who are with square are missing out on sales because we done have it. I am losing sales everyday because my customers wanted to be able to repay for their items and the Xmas period was not that great for small businesses like myself as I lost out to the bigger retail companies.

I have been approved to use Afterpay and may have to move my business to another platform that do integrate Afterpay, like shopify. 

Please move on this quickly and this is the way business is heading, and I believe you will lose out as your customers will "jump ship" if you can't give them what they need.

Message 16 of 169
Beta Member

This thread has been around for almost a year.  When will there be a buy now, pay later option since square installments is gone.  This is a MANDATORY feature for any retailer to stay competitive especially since larger companies have it.  

I feel like there are so many things that square could do it improve the POS and online sales system.  Shopify has soo many amazing integrations and I feel like we are asking for the bare minimum with features.  If square was anything like Shopify so many more people would use it.

Message 17 of 169
Beta Member

Unfortunately, by the time you all realize and catch the times it will be too late. Coach, Carters, and other major retailers have instituted a buy now/pay later option. Small businesses that are using Weebly/Square are losing out. You all keep tracking but have done nothing, just like the Apple pay issue. 

I'm in the US and this is a hindrance.

Message 18 of 169

Registering my interest for such services to be included in the Square website options ๐Ÿ˜‰

Message 19 of 169

Hello! Just wanting tonknow if there is any update on this? Afterpay is more than necessary for the online platform! I think I can say that one behalf of almost every single user! 

Message 20 of 169
Admin

@NicholasP @VintageSupplies No update at the moment unfortunately - Afterpay isn't in our product development pipeline at the moment, however I'm aware this is a much sought after feature (especially in Australia!) and I'll continue passing feedback from this thread on to our product team. 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 21 of 169