x

Feature Request: Adding Afterpay to the Square Website as a payment option

We were looking at Afterpay for our square website online store and wondered if anyone knew if this was possible?

Message 1 of 169
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

EDIT 01/01/2022: Afterpay is now available with Square Online! We'll continue to work on integrating Afterpay across Square's product ecosystem, availability with Square Online is just the start ๐Ÿ™‚

EDIT 02/08/2021: Square has just announced plans to acquire Afterpay. While we don't have integration timelines to share at the moment, read our update for more!

--------

@jhughe @Handpoked I totally understand the frustration here - having read and responded to dozens of comments such as yours over a long period of time, I'm aware of the impact that a lack of Afterpay support has on Square Online sellers who value having it as a payment method.

You won't currently find a bigger internal advocate for Afterpay support at Square than myself, and the feedback and comments we see on our Seller Community are something I regularly pass on to internal teams.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 82 of 169
168 REPLIES 168

Another vote for afterpay, sezzle, klarna, shoppay.....there are so many different platforms and it's a huge disservice to us and our businesses to not be able to offer this to our customers.

Message 43 of 169

Hi - looking for a way to Buy Now but be invoiced later for the amount - or cumulative amount. Specifically - people want to buy a beer and pay later. Like a month later. Is there a way to do this?

Message 44 of 169

Hello Yacthclubbing... i don't know how relevant this will be, and it might be something you can look into...I know they support a large number of shopping platforms, I don't recall if square was one, but they do offer a way for people to pay for things over a variety of different pay options. Check them out! https://www.affirm.com/business/solutions I hope this gives you a direction toward finding a solution for you!

Message 45 of 169

Totally agree that square are going to loose customers, if they don't give what  their customers are saying, Its a must they should have bnpl on their system, especially Afterpay and zippay, and now they are both allowing afterpay cards, zippay cards, which are credit cards,  zippay is on most eftpos terminals   

Message 46 of 169

Glad I came across this thread when I did.
I have been searching for an online ecommerce system and figured that as I use Square POS  then this would be a good mix and integrate well.

Just spent 6 hours setting up a test bed store and was about to pay a subscription when I found out that there is no support for Afterpay etc.

WOW...just WOW.....
You go and build a premium product and then cut the legs right out from under it!!

Afterpay, Zippay and all the others are the future of how people shop, I absolutely cannot get over that a company that started out so progressive with mobile card readers and all has allowed this opportuniy to pass them by....

Oh well glad I found this out before spending my hard earned cash....guess I will go checkout Ecwid.....

Message 47 of 169
Beta Member

Square now offers afterpay as of last week

Message 48 of 169

How?

Message 49 of 169

Please share how this is available for us as I have been looking for the past MONTH and I have had no luck. Thank you. 

Message 50 of 169
Admin

Hey @SavvyGirlGems,

Thanks for reaching out!

Per the top answer in this thread Afterpay is not available via Square Online. Unfortunately I don't have a possible timeframe on if and when it may become available as a payment method with Square Online in the future.

I'll continue to pass on the demand we're seeing from Seller Community, however it's not looking likely at least in the short term.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 51 of 169

Can I ask why this isn't being taking seriously and put on the top of the list? As in today's world, people need the option to make payment plans. As I know the invoice system does the payments it doesn not protect us as sellers. This needs to be on the top of the list as this has been being asked for for the last 6+ years. 

What is the issue with making this Integra table? It can't be that hard if ALL other platforms have already done this with multiple different payment companies. If this is not an option by midyear -  I will be moving companies for my online business as its losing me customers to my competitors who have this option . 

Thank you

Message 52 of 169
Admin

Hey @SavvyGirlGems,

You're correct in noting that Afterpay support is increasingly in demand and it's something that I'll continue to raise internally as one of the most sought after feature requests we see on our Australian Seller Community forum.

Unfortunately I'm not able to speak to specific reasoning behind why Square does or doesn't support a given 3rd party integration. The best I can do here is pass on the feedback we're seeing to our product teams and continue to advocate for what our sellers are asking for via our community forum.

Sorry I can't be of more immediate help!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 53 of 169

How do we sign up to have it on our square seller site?

Message 54 of 169
Beta Member

Itโ€™s becoming apparent Square has no intention of bringing back Installments or offering a direct integration with a 3rd party provider like Affirm.

With that being said, has anyone found out a workaround to offer customers a financing option?

Message 55 of 169
Beta Member

Please add buy now pay later to Weebly/Square

Message 56 of 169

Another vote here for a BNPL service, afterpay would be amazing. Please please please. 

Message 57 of 169

OK square their are a lot of people want bnpl what are you goin g to do

Message 58 of 169
Beta Member

square is now afterpay friendly ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 59 of 169

It isn't in any options at checkout still. how do you use it if it is indeed possible?

Message 60 of 169
Admin

Hey @Trueaura,

Unfortunately this is not currently the case.

If you can let me know more about why you think it may or where you heard this, I'd be happy to clarify!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 61 of 169
Beta Member

Better question is when will this finally be addressed? Interest has been โ€œtrackingโ€ for a long time.  Can we at least have installments back?

Message 62 of 169
Admin

Hey @renmishele,

Square Installments was never actually a product available in Australia - if you're posting from the USA then heads up that information in this thread may not be accurate for the US! You can find our US Seller Community here - though at the moment Afterpay is not available with Square globally.

I can't give you an ETA or guarantee that any specific features will be implemented in the future unfortunately. As usual though, I'll continue to pass your feedback on to other teams internally. Afterpay integration is something I'd love to see us be able to implement in the future too!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 63 of 169