x

Generating SKU and barcodes with Square Inventory Management

Hi all.  New to square here.

We are opening a retail store and we want to use Square Terminal.  Part of our offerings are books, so we will have quite a few items for sale in the store.

We are totally new to this and I'm now researching about stock management.  Luckily, good folks at Square have a free Inventory Management system.

We want to use a barcode scanner to make it easier for us to bring up an item at the time of purchase, so we will need to print our own price/barcode stickers.

Does Square Inventory Management system automatically generate SKU numbers? and also, does it generate the barcodes to then print the price stickers?

If not, I would be super thankful if you can lead me to the right place where I can do this and integrate it with Square.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,

David.

Australia

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey @slowwell,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Square doesn't currently feature the ability to print or generate barcodes, however there is an app I've heard of other merchants using for barcodes with Square called Barcode Producer, which is available on Windows and Mac operating systems.

You can view some barcode scanners that are compatible with Square Terminal - note if you're using the Terminal setup, you'll also need to Hub for Terminal to connect a USB barcode scanner, and bluetooth scanners are not compatible with Terminal.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

Thank you @Seamus !

I will have a look at the app you mentioned.  

Cheers,

David

Message 3 of 3