x

Gift Cards - Australia

I was wondering if gift cards through Square, can be ordered and used in Australia? 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Square

While you can track sales made with third-party gift cards, we don't currently offer gift cards for issue or use in Australia. It's definitely an exciting we feature we hope to offer; we'll announce any updates at squareup.com/au. Thanks for your patience! 

Message 2 of 15

Thanks! I would be very interested in using Square for gift cards if they become available in Australia. 

Message 3 of 15
Beta Member

ARE PHYSICAL GIFT CARDS READY FOR THE AUSTRALIAN MARKET

Message 4 of 15
Admin

Hey @SMOOTHAS,

Yes, gift cards are available in Australia!

You should be able to order these via the Gift Cards section of your Online Dashboard 👍

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 15

Hi Seamus,  I have noticed that I can order square gift cards via my square dashboard but they are in USD and come from USA.  Is there an Australian supplier?  best wishes Chantal Laguna Luxe

Message 6 of 15
Square Community Moderator

That's right, @LagunaDLuxe, our gift card supplier is based in the US. We don't have an Australian gift card supplier at the moment, hopefully this is something we can change in the future! 

Message 7 of 15

Are the gift cards able to be used in Australia / Australian dollars even though ordered from the US? Or only in US dollars etc?

Message 8 of 15
Beta Member

The amounts you load on the card are AUD (as per your POS).

it’s just that you have to pay the extortion USD rates to get them here.

Message 9 of 15

I understand your frustration, @GoulburnWestern and wish I had an update for a local gift card provider already! 

Message 10 of 15
Beta Member

Update please !!

Message 11 of 15

Hey there, @GoulburnWestern

We understand your eagerness to get updates about gift card suppliers in Australia. Unfortunately, I don't have any new information to provide at the moment.

Rest assured, we are continuing to forward the feedback we receive to our team. If there are any shifts in the situation down the line, we'll make sure to post an update through the Seller Community.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 12 of 15
Beta Member

It's been years, literally years since people have been complaining VERY loudly about the fees and gift card options that Square offer. Why would Square all of a sudden provide an alternative option for Australian customers? It's almost laughable to even think you guys would actually do that. Currently if I want to order 125 custom cards it would cost me AUD $310.94 including delivery which is $2.50 per card. Yeah. AS IF I'm going to order gift cards from Square. I was going to recommend Square to my brother's restaurant business to switch over but since reading all the comments about square's gift card price gauging I'm not saying a word to him or anyone else about Square being good option. 

Message 13 of 15
Beta Member

It’s pretty pathetic isn’t it ? Literally years and nothing from square to address the issue.

one tip I use to save $$ is re-use the gift card if they are not written on or damaged. Less plastic in the trash too. 

Message 14 of 15
Beta Member

I just purchased another 125 gift cards for my Square POS.  I'm in Australia... 
Costs:

$150 USD for the cards with envelope

$107.89 USD for shipping

Converts to $423.99 AUD equating to $3.39 each.

LIFT YOUR GAME SQUARE AND ALLOW ALTERNATE SUPPLIERS IN THIS SPACE !

Message 15 of 15