x

How can I use my iPhone 7 without a headphone jack?

My Square chip reader won't work on my iPhone 8 using an apple Lightning to Headphone Jack adapter. Does anyone else have this issue? The reader itself is fine (can still use on any phone with a headphone jack).

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @FJ1,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having trouble using your reader.

Our plug-in readers are designed to work with Apple's lightning bolt to headphone jack adaptor, though we have had occasional reports of these adaptors not functioning as intended. If the reader is otherwise working by itself, generally the issue is with the adapter itself. To make sure, I tested one I had handy just now and it worked fine - sorry we couldn't be of more help here!

In the long term, you may want to consider using our Contactless + Chip reader, which is best suited to newer iPhones as it connects via Bluetooth and will also accept Chip and Tap EFTPOS cards (eg savings/cheque accounts), which our older plug in Chip reader doesn't support.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @FJ1,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having trouble using your reader.

Our plug-in readers are designed to work with Apple's lightning bolt to headphone jack adaptor, though we have had occasional reports of these adaptors not functioning as intended. If the reader is otherwise working by itself, generally the issue is with the adapter itself. To make sure, I tested one I had handy just now and it worked fine - sorry we couldn't be of more help here!

In the long term, you may want to consider using our Contactless + Chip reader, which is best suited to newer iPhones as it connects via Bluetooth and will also accept Chip and Tap EFTPOS cards (eg savings/cheque accounts), which our older plug in Chip reader doesn't support.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

I have an iPhone SE and my phone does not have a headphone jack. How can I use my plug in card reader? Thank you 

Message 3 of 5

My iPhone SE does not have a headphone jack there I cannot use my plug in card reader. What exactly should I use? Thank you.

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Donna1,

Thanks for getting in touch!

I've moved your post to this thread as the Best Answer is covering this subject. You could also consider the Magstripe Reader with a lightning connector

I hope this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 5 of 5