x

How do I get rid of the "1" badge over the Settings icon in the iOS Square app?

On both iPad and iPhone, I have a "1" badge on the Settings icon:

square-settings

I've navigated into every Settings sub-menu, but cannot get it to disappear/dismiss!

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @jaydisc,

This is a notification to draw your attention to a new feature that has been added to the POS app.

If you click on "Settings" then look at the full menu you will see the word "new" alongside the setting that has a new notification attached to it. Click on the option that features the "new" notification to view and clear the notification 👍

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @jaydisc,

This is a notification to draw your attention to a new feature that has been added to the POS app.

If you click on "Settings" then look at the full menu you will see the word "new" alongside the setting that has a new notification attached to it. Click on the option that features the "new" notification to view and clear the notification 👍

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 4

Did that, nothing says "New"

I know what you mean, and that was definitely my experience and expectation with the Support section, which shows a badge for new tutorials. But as I wrote in my original post, I've navigated through every Settings sub-section and nothing clears it.

square-badge1square-badge2

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @jaydisc,

This does look odd - the intended behavior is to have that number draw attention to a notification. I recommend filing a support ticket and our team will be able to take a better look into this.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 4