x

How do I sync Square online with Facebook store?

I have followed all the prompts to connect my Square Online Store to my Facebook Page, but my Facebook store is still not showing any products. Should my products automatically sync, or do I need to export something to upload? Facebook just prompts to reenter products one at a time....

Thanks

Message 1 of 29
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @KraftyFox,

Thanks for getting in touch!

While we're not able to look into how you've got things set up via our Seller Community forum, you can find some general advice for connecting your Square Online store to Facebook here

If you need a hand you can also reach out to support on 1800 760 137 or email via this form.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @KraftyFox,

Thanks for getting in touch!

While we're not able to look into how you've got things set up via our Seller Community forum, you can find some general advice for connecting your Square Online store to Facebook here

If you need a hand you can also reach out to support on 1800 760 137 or email via this form.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 29

I synched my square store to facebook.  all was good except that i found that my entire inventory (which i hadnt confirmed amounts and such and wasnt ready to sell it all) so I disconnected my facebook account and went back in Square to tighten up my inventory offerings.  when i synced back to facebook, it showed that the number of items in inventory were in the catalog, but it shows 0 items available.  When i go to my facebook business page and look at the shop, it is blank.  nothing there.  where as the first time i did it there was too much.

how do i get this thing to work!?

james 

Message 3 of 29
Alumni

Hey @redstickreads - you'll need to reach out to our Ecom Team for assistance with linking your site to Facebook. 

Link to contact is in the post above

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Message 4 of 29

I can not get my square store work with facebook store, I have been trying for over a week and I just can't get my inventory on there. What do I need to do

Message 5 of 29
Admin

Hi @Teresa5!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community

Please take a look at this Support Center article in detail. I know sellers @atlanticpewer @inyourownwords @bblifestyle @bennanabakery and @rire were also having difficulty with this - perhaps they can weigh in.  

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 6 of 29

How do I get my items to show up on facebook shop? I have linked the accounts.

Message 7 of 29
Alumni

If this article doesn't help, it's best to reach out to our Ecom Team for a hand. 

@doublejab

Justin
Message 8 of 29

I have connected my Weebly site to my Facebook page and followed all instructions. However, none of my items are appearing in my Facebook store like it says they should. What am I doing wrong?

Message 9 of 29
Square Community Moderator

Hey! Thanks for reaching out. I've merged your post to an existing thread where Sheamus helps answer your question. I would peruse the rest of the thread for some answers from other sellers, but let me know if you still have questions. 

AshleyK
Message 10 of 29
Beta Member

Has anyone successfully connect Square to Facebook shop with all catalog items imported to Facebook?

I've been trying this for two weeks now without success. 

Message 11 of 29
Admin

Hey @bblifestyle,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you're having trouble connecting Square Online to Facebook.

I've moved your message to this thread, which has a link to our guide on connecting to Facebook above.

If you've already tried this and still can't get things going, please submit a support ticket via the linked form for more assistance.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help here! 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 12 of 29
Beta Member

No weโ€™re having same issue..reached out to square and they say to reach out to fb

Message 13 of 29

Hi, I have a Square online account which I have linked to a Facebook shop. 

It has synced a few times in the past and all of my items have come across, but it seems to have stopped syncing. 

When I check the sync events in facebook, it has not synced for a few days.  Is there a way to force a sync to happen?

Does anyone know what event triggers a sync?

I have updated and republished my square online site a bunch of times over the past few days but still no sync with facebook.

Any ideas would be most appreciated!

Message 14 of 29
Admin

Hey @mikadesign,

I moved your post to this thread. While it's a little difficult for us to troubleshoot these issues, one recommendation I have is to disconnected / re-sync the account and see if that help fix the issue.

Other than that, have you lodged a support ticket with Facebook or Square? If not then you can get in touch with Square per the contact details on the pinned response, though they may also need to direct you to Facebook depending on the issue.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 15 of 29

Thanks for your reply.

After 4 days of no syncing, it synced yesterday 6 times in 1 day, so I have no idea what triggers the sync.  Do you know what triggers the sync? 

Should it be once you re-publish your site, or is it something else?

Cheers

Message 16 of 29
Admin

Hey @mikadesign,

I'm not entirely sure, but a quick google search indicates it it usually a few minutes from when you make updates. This seems to be controlled on the Facebook side.

I'm going to guess they may have had a technical issue that's since been resolved!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 17 of 29
Super Seller

Square Online's integration with Facebook doesn't seem to be working. My Facebook catalog stopped synching with Square back in November, though I didn't notice it until a couple of weeks ago. New items were not appearing and prices were not updating. I've noticed several threads about this but there doesn't seem to be any solution yet. 

My first step was to disconnect Square Online from Facebook, then reconnect it (the old "turn it off and back on again"). I gave it 24 hours, but my catalog remained empty. I then disconnected again, deleted my Facebook Pixel from Square Online, then reconnected and added my Pixel again. I gave it another 24 hours, still no luck. 

Square Customer Success says that there aren't any issues with the Facebook integration on their end, instead pointing to Facebook. I don't doubt that this is an issue with Facebook, I've had my fair share of problems with them; unfortunately Facebook's support isn't very helpful. 

The two representatives from Facebook who I worked with stated that they weren't getting any data from Square and asked me for my catalog's URL. I have no idea what that is, so they advised me to either upload a spreadsheet with my items (which won't work for my ever-changing inventory) or go down a very technical road involving data feeds or pixel events with metadata tags. While I'm usually pretty good with technical stuff this is getting way out of my wheelhouse. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how to proceed? 

Message 18 of 29

I'm having this same issue and I've been trying to connect since early this year. I need an easy Facebook integration and why is it that Facebook has all these other integration partners but square hasn't jumped on it yet? What's more upsetting is I just found out my restaurant square account and my retail account can no longer be friends because it messes with my inventory and therefore online sales...

Message 19 of 29

Hi were you able to figure this out? Desperate for your help if you have figured it out. Did you find the catalogue URL?

Message 20 of 29

Yes! Per a Facebook support email -  I completely deactivated my commerce account (it doesnโ€™t affect any of the profiles or pages) and created a new one via the square online integrate page and it immediately synced up! 

Message 21 of 29