x

How do you delete a recurring invoice?

I accidentally made a customer a recurring invoice and sent him a regular invoice. He paid the regular invoice but it keeps sending him the recurring so how do I completely delete the recurring invoice? 

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @Princesstriplet,

In order to delete a recurring invoice, you should be able to navigate to the Invoices section of your Square Dashboard, click on View Series, and then End Series to stop the scheduled invoices from being sent. Let me know if you run into any troubles - happy to help further!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @Princesstriplet,

In order to delete a recurring invoice, you should be able to navigate to the Invoices section of your Square Dashboard, click on View Series, and then End Series to stop the scheduled invoices from being sent. Let me know if you run into any troubles - happy to help further!

Message 2 of 6

HGi I cant delete an invoice created on Square 

But I took the money on a another machine because square failed to process

It is not recurring just a single charge invoice

How do I delete that invoice now.... It doesn't seem to allow deletion of ionvoice once input???

Nigel

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the community!

You can't entirely delete an invoice, but you can cancel an invoice. To do this, select the invoice on your square Dashboard and select the invoice and click More > Cancel > Confirm Cancellation.

Hope this helps! You can read more about cancelling / editing invoices at https://squareup.com/help/au/en/article/6105-manage-your-square-invoices

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

Hi Callum, 

My paid invoices are still sending reminders to my customers despite being tagged as paid and not being apart of a series. Any ideas on how to address this? I went into the individual invoice to try and locate a reminder tag but couldn't find one on any of them. 

Thanks, 

Gemma 

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @gemmas,

Thank you for reaching out 👋

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your invoices! Once an invoice is marked as paid, your customers shouldn't get payment reminders any more. 

While we can't troubleshoot your invoice settings via our community forum, our support team would be happy to look into this with you further. 

You can call support on 1800 760 137 from Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time, or contact us via email

Message 6 of 6