x

How do you print order tickets and stubs to separate printers?

I'm trying to work out how to automatically print order tickets to MC30 Printer & order ticket stubs to the Terminal? Currently order tickets automatically print, however order ticket stubs aren't printing on the Terminal. 

The only way around this which is quite cumbersome once the sale has been completed, select the print receipts option on the Terminal to get a ticket stub printed. 

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @CJFC,

Thanks for reaching out!

You can toggle on/off what each printer station prints via your printer station settings. On the POS app go to Settings > Printers then select the applicable station. On Terminal go to Settings > Device > Printer. It should just be a matter of entering each printer station and selecting what sort of receipts/tickets/dockets you want or don't want to print.

Hope this helps - please let me know if you have any questions 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @CJFC,

Thanks for reaching out!

You can toggle on/off what each printer station prints via your printer station settings. On the POS app go to Settings > Printers then select the applicable station. On Terminal go to Settings > Device > Printer. It should just be a matter of entering each printer station and selecting what sort of receipts/tickets/dockets you want or don't want to print.

Hope this helps - please let me know if you have any questions 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 6

Hi @Seamus 

Yes that's what I think I've done.

- I've set up a printer station for the MC30 and toggled on print order tickets for several item categories.

- I've toggled on print order ticket stubs for the terminal printer. 

Once a transaction has been paid the MC30 prints the order ticket, but the order ticket stub doesnt print from the Terminal POS. 

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Hey @CJFC,

Are you processing the payment on POS, then wanting that order to also print from Terminal?

This may be occurring because the POS doesn't see the Terminal as an attached device, but rather Terminal is its own self contained unit that prints for transactions made on that device. I think in this instance you might need to try using Open Tickets as a workaround if you're not already using it. 

If you have order tickets enabled in your printer settings, a new order ticket should print each time you add an item to the ticket and save it. You would need to save the ticket and reopen it for each order on the bill, so it's not the most ideal solution. We're looking at ways to build additional connectivity between our POS apps and using Terminal as a piece of hardware connected directly POS, so hopefully we can add this sort of direct integration in the future.

Another workaround might be to set up an additional printer station on the main POS point with the MC30 - you can use a single printer for multiple printer stations on POS. Though depending on the location of the printer this may or may not be viable!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Seamus 

Thanks for your reply.

Based on what you've suggested, I don't think order ticket management will be the best way for us to go. We're trying to keep this as simple as possible for our Canteen volunteers. 

Hopefully as the Square POS software is further develop the below type of scenario can be taken into account: 

We operate a Canteen with sales taken on two Terminal devices one at the Canteen Kiosk and another outside at the barbeque (BBQ). What we were hoping to be able to take sale orders (ie BBQ food, cold food, coffees, cold drinks etc) from these terminals and for certain item categories (these will differ between the Kiosk and BBQ Terminals) to print order ticket stubs at the terminal. All order tickets would then be printed from the MC30 (we've setup a few different external printers all pointing to the MC30 so that we get separate order tickets for different item categories (ie hot drinks vs food). Currently when we setup up the MC30 to print order tickets and the Terminals to print order ticket stubs only the MC30 prints. 

So our current workaround (which isn't ideal), is that both order tickets & stubs are being printed out of the MC30. This is effectively limiting what we can sell at the BBQ (ie no non-BBQ items can be sold). Without order ticket stubs printing at the BBQ Terminal, the whole process breaks down.  

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Hey @CJFC,

You might also want to try getting in touch with our support team for this one, to get another set of eyes on things.

What you're describing sounds like it should be doable, but I think use of Open Tickets is the key here. Out of interest, have you tested this and does it work? I do understand that it's going to add a layer of complexity though, especially if you have volunteers using the system, you want to keep it as simple as possible.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 6