x

How to create test orders

How do I create a test order without making an actual transaction or payment? I am new to square and need to learn how to manage an order, and also view emails being sent to customers, the "test emails" don't seem accurate

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @lps,

Thanks for reaching out!

There's currently no way to perform a test payment, but you can perform $1 test transactions and then refund them as a way of testing. Our support team can look into any specific issues with your account, or if you can provide a little more info about the issues you're seeing with the emails I can do my best to help ๐Ÿ™‚

Otherwise if the issue requires our support team looking further into your account setup please give them a call on 1800 760 137. Lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

How do I experience the checkout process before my site goes live?

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @victorianbakery,

There's no way to test the checkout process prior to publishing the website online, but my recommendation here is to publish your website when ready, then test from there!

As long as you don't publicise the link to your online store, you'll be free to test how the checkout flow works without having actual live orders coming in. If you've already got an established domain pointed at your Online Store and want to avoid customers possibly placing orders while you're testing, you could try temporarily turning this off to test.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions ๐Ÿ™‚

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4