x

How to embed a SQUARE Donate button and form on my Wix website?

We have a Wix website through which we provide information about a small nonprofit charity in Australia. We also have a Square account which has worked well with POS donations and purchases of handicraft items. We would now like to be able to accept donations by using a Square DONATE button and form on the website which enables the donor to fill in relevant credit card information in order to make a donation to our registered charitable fund account.

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @CraigDGerard,

Thanks for reaching out!

While we don't currently have a way of inserting a direct payment link via HTML, you can connect your Square account to use as a payment provider on Wix. Read more about this here!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @iaintrish,

Thanks for reaching out.

Due to the way Australian finance regulations work, in order to take donations in a compliant manner, the NFP in question would need to be:

- Registered in Australia with an Australian ABN

- Be registered in Australian with the ACNC to take donations

You'd then need an official letter of authority from the organisation that stipulates they're allowing you to take donations on their behalf. While this is not something we can arrange via our community forum, if you would like to speak further about your situation, please get in touch with our support team on 1800 760 137. Lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 6

I had the same question. But I'm wondering about the technical side. Is there HTML code that can be generated from Square that I can insert into my website? Or is there an App within Wix that I can install? Thanks.

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @CraigDGerard,

Thanks for reaching out!

While we don't currently have a way of inserting a direct payment link via HTML, you can connect your Square account to use as a payment provider on Wix. Read more about this here!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 6

Does this end up with an option to have a "Donate" button on your Wix site? I've followed it through but don't see how to actually have this functioning link button on our site 

Message 5 of 6
Admin

@ReubenHuffman,

Re-reading my older post there, I could have been a little clearer ๐Ÿ˜…

To clarify, my original post was referring to what needs to be done on the Square end to take donations in a compliant manner under Square's terms of service and Australian finance regulations. It won't make a donation button appear on your Wix website - that's something you'd need to chat to Wix about.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 6