x

Inventory of compound items

Hi folks, I run a little pizza gig and want to simply update supply when ANY pizza is sold.  I only have one size so really it's simply per base/dough ball.  

If I have 60 balls and 12 different pizzas then I have a lot of numbers.  I don't want to have 60 in each item type as this is wrong, nor do I want to have 5 in each as some may sell more and some less.  Essentially I just want to simply count dough balls rather than individual pizza types.

Yes I can make a simple "Pizza" Item and then have the various topping sets attached but that leaves no room for a nice online store.  

Cheers

Pete

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @PBarras,

Thanks for reaching out and providing us such detailed feedback.

What you're looking for here is an ingredient tracking feature, which is unfortunately not supported by our point of sale app or online store. This is something we're currently tracking feedback on to possibly implement in the future for Square for Restaurants. With that said, I don't know if this would also be implemented in Online Store or our free POS app.

What's the goal you're trying to achieve by tracking the number of dough balls? Are you making sure you don't run out of balls without having to physically check?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2