x

Is Huawei P20 Pro compatible with Square Contactless and Chip Card Reader ?

I have just purchased the Square device few days ago. I am trying to connect it now but fail. I have been trying all the trouble shooting advices.

Is Huawei P20 Pro compatible with Square Contactless and Chip Card Reader ?

If not, What can I do?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @JeanM, and thanks for your question!

At this stage, the P20 Pro isn't on our list of compatible devices, which means that you may experience issues connecting your Square contactless and chip card reader to your phone. We are constantly reviewing this list, and also assessing compatibility of new handsets that are released to the market, however I'm not able to give a concrete date as to when this might happen.

In the meantime, you can still install the Square Point of Sale app, and accept payments manually by keying in the card details - please note that this is charged at 2.2% per transaction.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6

Best Answer

Try this is should work, worked for my P20

Go to Settings and in the search box type "his" without the quotes and turn off "Allow HiSuite to use HDB". Close out of Settings and try connecting to the reader again.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @JeanM, and thanks for your question!

At this stage, the P20 Pro isn't on our list of compatible devices, which means that you may experience issues connecting your Square contactless and chip card reader to your phone. We are constantly reviewing this list, and also assessing compatibility of new handsets that are released to the market, however I'm not able to give a concrete date as to when this might happen.

In the meantime, you can still install the Square Point of Sale app, and accept payments manually by keying in the card details - please note that this is charged at 2.2% per transaction.

Message 2 of 6

Best Answer

Try this is should work, worked for my P20

Go to Settings and in the search box type "his" without the quotes and turn off "Allow HiSuite to use HDB". Close out of Settings and try connecting to the reader again.

Message 3 of 6

Thank you!!! This totally worked for my p30 after contacting customer support and them telling me my device wouldn't work with square. I also disabled the developer options.

Message 4 of 6

THANK YOU!!!! Support told me my P30 Pro wasn't usable and there was no workaround, but this is the workaround. So glad I found this. Thanks again! 

@SplitTree 

Message 5 of 6

This didn't work for me and I also have a P30! 😞 

Message 6 of 6