x

Is Square compatable with the new Samsung Galaxy s10?

I was wondering if the Square is comparable with the new Samsung Galaxy s10 device? It is listed as an 'untested' device under comparable devices. 

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @MikaelaM,

Thanks for getting in touch. Our engineering team are still in the processing of building compatibility for the Samsung Galaxy s10, however we've heard feedback that merchants have been successfully using the s10 to take payments 👍

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @MikaelaM,

Thanks for getting in touch. Our engineering team are still in the processing of building compatibility for the Samsung Galaxy s10, however we've heard feedback that merchants have been successfully using the s10 to take payments 👍

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 8

The Galaxy s10+ doesn't seem to be on the compatibility list and I can't use Square on my phone neither. Do you think it will be compatible soon ?

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Hey @levesquo,

Thanks for reaching out.

What error message are you receiving when you try and connect to Square?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 8

I'm having the developer options issue. I tried everything. I switched the developer options on and off, re-installed the square app, hard reset of the tapping device, reboot of my cellphone. Only the magnetic card reader is working.

Message 5 of 8
Admin

Hey @levesquo

Usually these errors indicate there's an app on the device preventing Square from forming a secure connection. It's a little difficult for us to tell what app may be causing the issue as each phone is different.

Are there any screen recording apps on the phone such as Xrecorder? Or any apps that change default system settings or otherwise alter how Android operates?

If you're still having trouble I recommend calling our support team on 1800 760 137. Lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time for further troubleshooting!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 8

It works now ! I think my vpn was blocking the app even though it wasn't in fonction. Thanks to bring that up to light !

Message 7 of 8
Admin

Glad you got there in the end @levesquo - and thanks for the tip-off about the VPN! This will be helpful in troubleshooting this issue in the future.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 8 of 8