x

Is there a way to modify the format of the receipt so that it displays date of service?

I'm a physio and clients that have paid a few sessions at once have been blocked from getting a rebate from private health as there is no record of the date of service on receipt. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Hey @PhysioGC,

Thanks for reaching out!

Are you able to explain what you're looking for in more detail here? Your receipts should have dates on them for when the transaction was processed.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8

Thanks for the quick reply. 

When I go to 'account settings', 'business', 'receipt' to preview the receipt format there is only mention of credit card transaction date. There doesn't seem to be mention of the date the client was invoiced. 

If a client was to pay for 2 or 3 sessions at the same time there is no record of the separate dates of service for each of those, just the date that it was paid for. 

Matt

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Hey @PhysioGC,

This is correct, the receipt for the payment will only list the date the payment was made, and won't reference the date the original invoice was sent. If you've emailed your customers invoices though, is this information you include in the original invoice? If so, perhaps they would be able to submit these emails alongside receipts?

If not then you might need a solution outside of Square (eg a custom-made PDF document) that details all the required info to meet the requirements of different Australian health care providers. Square's system unfortunately isn't specifically designed to list all of this info in the one place!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 8
Beta Member

Not having the date of service on the invoice or receipt is extremely frustrating. Without it I don't think we can keep using Square. Too many rejected invoices. This just seems like such a basic feature, every single one of Square's competitors has it. It beggars belief and just gets brushed off

Message 5 of 8
Admin

Hey Sa7, thanks for adding your feedback here.

While I'm not sure if this feature is in the works, we'll continue to track requests in this thread and I'll pass your feedback to our Invoices team.

Would a possible workaround in the meantime be to include this information in the "message" field? Eg:

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

Yes but I have to do that every time I send an invoice off an appointment. Like 50 times a day

Message 7 of 8
Beta Member

I simply can't believe that the date is not automatically included on the invoice. Surely this is the very first thing that goes on there.

These vital missing functions are the reason I simply can't use Square anymore. This forum is full of requests that still haven't been implemented after many years so I can't see this ever getting fixed.

I can't see how anyone is making use of the Appointments/Invoices function, they simply don't function in even the most basic ways.

Very frustrating all the time I spent training my team on Square. What a waste.

Message 8 of 8