x

Linking a Gift Card to a Customer in the Directory (Australia)

Hi Square team,

We love your product - keep up the great work!

One thing we are trying to do at our community club is to use gift cards as membership cards that members can use to load up credit to use at the bar or at social events. Unfortunately I have not been able to link the cards to cutomers in the Customer Directory (which I have uploaded with all our member details).

Is this something that can be added to the backlog? I know Loyalty is coming to Australia soon (and maybe there will be a work-around then to what we are trying to do), but in the meantime this could be a really easy way for us to do some light-loyalty practices within the existing system.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @DBYC,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I can definitely see how membership features such as this, as well as the ability to link gift card to customers would be very helpful for what you're trying to achieve with your club.

With that said, I'm not aware of any of these sorts of features being in our current product pipeline outside of adapting our existing Loyalty system for use in Australia.

Unfortunately, adding these features isn't as simple as it may seem - I'm happy to pass your feedback on to our Product Team as a feature request though. We get hundreds of different feature requests each month, and our team do our best to implement the ones that see the most demand - so it counts to be heard! With that said, expanding into further membership management systems is not something I'm aware we are prioritising at the moment. You may be better off looking at dedicated membership management apps for the near future.

Thanks for your feedback though, and hopefully some of what you need will be covered once we release Loyalty in Australia!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2