x

Modifiers, Variations & Discounts - Setting up Multibuys

My second time typing this thread as the Support page refreshed, so apologies if this is posted twice.

We provide our customers discounts if they buy 3 or more of some of our products, like Pasties, Pies and Soups (Discounts are provided only if they buy 3 or more of the same Item category so not to complicate life). Our products come in different flavours / fillings, so the customer can mix and match and as far as they buy 3 or more of same Item we give them discount.

Products:

Pasties - (3 fillings, let's say P1, P2, P3)

Soups - (5 flavours, let's say S1, S2, S3, S4, S5)

If the Customer buys 2 of P1s and 1 of P3 we give them 10% from that point onwards. Similarly is the case of Soups, they can mix and match. I have created an 'Automatic Discount' based on quantity of minimum 3. I have also added S1-S5 as modifier in the Soup Item, which allows me to add different Soups in the order for the customer, however, the issue is that the Qty discount does not gets activated because while I have selected 3 or more modifiers, the Quantity is only 1 and if I play with the Quantity and increase it to 3 the Qty discount does gets kicked in but the Order only takes the last Modifier selected and adds it to the order. So, if I had selected S1, S2, S4 for the Customer and add it to the Order, the Qty discount  does not apply. If I select modifiers S1, S2, S4 and increase quantity in Order window to 3 then the Order gets created as S4 x 3 (S4 being the last modifier selected)

I am struggling (frustrated) to set it up in Square, it is a basic thing for any POS system so I am sure I am missing the point somewhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @abzorbaloff,

Thanks for getting in touch and providing us with such detailed feedback regarding how you would like discounts applied on Square.

There's unfortunately no way to apply a discount to a modifier, which is I think where things are going wrong here. Modifiers are intended to be used to modify a single item (eg add/remove tomato on a burger), and it sounds like you're actually trying to use modifiers as items themselves - Square does not consider a modifier to be a separate item, so you can't apply a discount to a modifier (only a price).

It also sounds like you're using the item "Pasties" as category.

What you're better off doing is creating an actual category called "Pasties" then a different item for each flavor of Pastie you have available for sale. You can then apply discounts to the individual items as needed.

Hope this makes sense - let me know if you have any questions or if I've misunderstood the situation here at all!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2