x

Monday as start of week

Monday as start of week

In Reports/Sales Trends under weekly sales, the default start of the week is Sunday, however I was wondering if we can change to Monday being the first day of the week, with Sunday being the last?

Cannot seem to find this option anywhere, any help appreciated thanks!

22 Comments
Admin

Hey @thecarpenter,

Thanks for getting in touch!

At the moment there's unfortunately no way to edit this - it's set to a default calendar that shows Sunday as the first day of the week. I can definitely see how being able to edit this would be handy for some businesses though - I'll pass your comments on to our product team as a feature request.

While we can't guarantee this will be changed in the future, new features we work on are frequently driven by demand from our merchants and we track requests 👍

Great idea for an Australian audience.

maybe add it to this thread too?

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/General-Discussion/Suggestions-for-Square-POS/m-p/131064#M464

This would be a great option. It should be very easy to implement. How about it Square?

Admin

Hey @PeterB666,

I'm happy to pass this feedback on, though I can't guarantee if or when any particular requested feature may make it to Square products. I do definitely see how this would be beneficial though for businesses who operate on a Mon-Sun week!

You can read a little more about feature requests here.

Well, I am new to Square, and this is a pretty BIG problem. Makes weekly reports ENTIRELY useless. I cannot believe that this was even an issue, let alone still an issue 2 years later ...

I would like to see this feature a well. For those in the service industry, our booking often starts on a Friday or Thursday. My work week is Friday-Sunday and the current view puts one day of my week on another screen and most of my view is of days I don't book appointments. I would LOVE to be able to customize my calendar view. 

Square Community Moderator

Thank you for adding your feedback here @Jessicawillson! While this feature isn't available yet, our product team and engineers monitor our Seller Community for feedback and requests like this frequently. 

Who works on a Sunday-Saturday week?! It is such a strange concept to me. I guess it must be an American thing. I would love to see Monday as the start of the week so throwing in my support for this. I am only just setting up but the comment about weekly reports really highlighted how important this is. 
In relation to the reports - is it possible to do custom date reports for the week? At least we can then match it with out other weekly systems

Admin

Thanks for adding your feedback @roundaboutcirc. I do think this is a case of the Sunday being typically considered the start of the week in the US, and the product having been originally built out as a US-based product prior to Square expanding into different markets. I wish I could say I have an easy workaround for this, but unfortunately I've not been able to find one to date. 

One thing you could do if you like working with data, is export your report figures and feed the data into a spreadsheet sorted by a Mon-Sun week.

We'll continue tracking this one for the Australian market here. I'm not sure how easy or likely a change would be, however I agree this would be really handy for Australian sellers and will continue to pass on feedback as it comes in.

I know it's annoying on the dashboard that it automatically comes up with Sunday as start of week, but its quite simple to change, whether in the app or online (guess what I am doing now, reports based on last week Moa-Sun haha)