x

New terminal

I have just setup my terminal but it won't take payments? I have made sure that the software is up to date, but nothing will tap. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Hi there @Selenab,

Have you made sure there is a bank accountant connected to your Square account? Without a connected bank account, your Square account will not be enabled to accept payments.

If this is any help, please mark it as best answer to help others with similar issues in the future.

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 4
Admin

Thanks for chiming in @MJD!

I did want to clarify that Square accounts actually will take payments without a linked bank account, as long as they are activated for card payments! Without a bank account linked, funds will accumulate in the Square account until a valid bank account is linked 👍

The issue here could possibly be that the account hasn't been activated for card payments - though @Selenab, are you able to take payments at all by inserting the chip into the Terminal to read the card, or by manually keying in the card numbers? Support are still probably going to be the best to talk to here as this is a bit of an open ended issue with a few possible reasons why this may be occurring!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Selenab,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Seller Community 👋

While we can't look into accounts via our community forum, a common reason payments aren't processing would be that your Square account hasn't been activated yet. 

If your account isn't activated yet, you'll see a notification in your Dashboard asking you to complete a quick identity verification process. 

You can also reach out to our support team for further troubleshooting with your Square Terminal on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm AEST), or contact us via email.

Please let us know how you go!

Message 4 of 4