x

One or All, I Need Something In Between

I run a Start up Beer Garden Bar and have the Square Stand and Terminal.  

At peak times I have an inside bar selling the full range of items, beer draft/can/bottle; wine glass/bottle; sprits; cocktails; soft drinks; and food for cash and EFTPOS via the Stand. 

I also have an outside bar with beer draft/can/bottle and soft drinks, EFTPOS only via the Terminal.

I want to limit the Terminal to just show the categories it will be selling. Is there anyway to do this?

Playing with the Terminal, I either can show all the categories in one long list (slow and difficult to find items) or show only one category (a slow click fest with the drop down menu).  Is there another way?

Tim Sutherland
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @TFoTG,

Thanks for reaching out.

The feature you're looking for here is setting up different locations within your business.

Once you've set up your new location, you can chose which items appear at which location - so you could set up a new location called "Outside Bar" then choose which items do or don't appear at this location. The way to switch locations on our app or Terminal is to sign out of the app and sign back in, so once you're logged into that location it should only show items you've assigned to this location.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

I have played with this now for a while and it seems to be working, but is it possible to disable the two grey buttons Redeem Rewards and Gift Cards as we do not use them?

IMG-5157.jpg

Is it also possible to use the terminal without staff logging in? 

We use the clock in/clock out function via the stand which works great for time cards.  By doing this though it requires staff to log in to the terminal to use it.  As staff forget to log out of the terminal it becomes a game of frustration when someone else picks the terminal up to use, tries to amend an order and the terminal asks for a login code.  Since no one remembers who last used the terminal, it gets switched off, thrown in a draw and forgotten about for the rest of the week.

Tim Sutherland
Message 3 of 6
Admin

Hey @TFoTG,

You definitely should not need to log in and out of Terminal each time a staff member processes a transaction! Can you let me know a little more about how staff are using Terminal? Are they going to Settings > Sign Out then signing out and manually logging in each time with their email address and password?

You may also want to check out the different options available under Settings > Passcodes and turning off passcode use on Terminal altogether.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 6

Ok the passcode had been turned on, so I turned it off and the terminal now requires no codes, which is good.

Is there any way to delete or move the Gift and Reward buttons?

Tim Sutherland
Message 5 of 6
Admin

Hey @TFoTG,

There's no way to remove the gift and reward buttons at the moment - I'll pass this feedback on though, I can see that it would be handy to clear that screen of options you don't use to give better accessibility to the ones you do use!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 6