x

Online payments after scheduling appointment mobile business

I run a mobile business, and primarily use square for scheduling appointments, recently i have had numerous requests to enable online payments, i have searched high and low for answer or work around, is this feature or function available, if so how do I activate it?

Chris

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @Humdinger67,

If you're already using Square for payments then online payments are already available to you!

You could look at setting up online bookings via Appointments - this is the best fit to allow your customers to book with you online. If you're selling physical goods you can also set up a Square Online store.

Let me know if you have any further questions about setting things up 👍

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

Thanks for the reach out @Seamus, that is not quite what i am looking for, I run a driving school, and i use the square appointments to allocate time, i have set all services/items 1hr, 2hr, 10hr package etc... I would like an option for the customer to book 2hr lesson through square appointments, that allocates time in the schedule, which inturn syncs with my business calendar, but then i would like an option for the student to pay online, without any input from me, it is only and option as i still accept cash and card, when face to face.

If i use acuity scheduling, i can accept a payment using square online, i would assume the same be possible when using square appointment?

Cheers

Chris

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Hey @Humdinger67,

Got you - you can set Appointments to require your customers to pay online upfront, however that will prevent them from paying in person.

I can definitely see the benefit of giving your customers the option to pay the full amount online or pay in person. While I'm not sure if this is a feature in development I will pass this feedback onto the team!

I'm not sure if it works in the same way as Acuity - does it allow you the choice of both options?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 6

Thanks @Seamus ok I thought as much, yeah Acuity you can choose either after making appointment you can pay online or choose pay face to face, I like using Square so I will keep using and hopefully down the track an option becomes available, if not there is always a plan "B"..

Cheers

Chris

Message 5 of 6
Admin

@Humdinger67 If I hear of any changes here in the future I'll let you know!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 6