x

Partial payment on open ticket while still adding more products

Hi I have a rural general store and liquor, that caters to a range of customers. I use open ticket as more convenient for non business customers. Also as liquor not allowed to be booked up They need to pay this position while booking rest up, also partial amounts when they have,  I tried splitting Ect. It removes whole ticket and then don’t have record of previous sales in case of queries. Need to add and pay while keeping ticket open. Can anyone help with this.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @POstore,

Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately there's not currently a way to add to and partially pay an open ticket.

We don't actually recommend using open tickets as a form of keeping a tab for customers - this feature is designed to be used in a dining situation where items are added over the course of a single session, then the ticket is closed off at the end of the session. Using Open Tickets as an extended tab keeping function can actually cause issues with the app long term - the more you add to open tickets, the more memory it will use and you may find the app will crash.

While this probably isn't the answer you were hoping for, I'd actually recommend recording this info outside of Square, and simply making payments via Square for customer tabs as applicable.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2