x

Pick/delivery/ Invoice

OK, I may be missing something here (and stand ready to be corrected, please) but...

Context: we make jams and chutneys and sell to our retailers. 

I get an order email from a client and create an invoice to that client. It defaults to share by email - that's fine.

I now want to print a listing of the items to go pick and then deliver. Not fine. AFAIK I can't do this except by changing the invoice to share manually, and then take option to print it. Then more potential issues in that it doesn't say Delivery Docket - it says Invoice...  And I can't change that title either. I don't want the client with two invoices, one hardcopy and one in their email intray...

I WANT to send the invoice to the client by email and have an efficient workflow but I also WANT to have my client have a list to check against what they received and then compare that to the invoice that arrives and begs them to pay efficiently. 

I could, I suppose, print as a PDF and then hack it around with an editor and redact to make it look like a delivery docket. Not going to happen.  I can't export the data in any way to another app. 

So, Squareup - why can't I do this as a sensible workflow supported by your software? The way I have to do it is NOT the answer and to me at least, this is such a basic part of any small business workflow I am amazed that I can't find anything on your Support Centre pages or in the seller community. What am I missing please? 

PS: In all other aspects, I am a 100% happy customer and advocate for the solutions you have.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @dougp,

Thanks for getting in touch.

At the moment Square is not specifically able to print delivery dockets, but it sounds like our printable invoice PDFs do almost everything you're looking for here? Just to check,  is this the process you've been following:

1. Go to Invoices on your online Dashboard.

2. Locate the invoice you wish to print and press the "..." button then "Download PDF".

3. Print the PDF from a standard A4 printer.

Is this essentially what you wanted, but for it to also say "Delivery Docket"?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

Hi @Seamus and @dougp - did you figure out the pick list?

We also sell physical products... 

1 - Order received (Invoice/Receipt emailed to customer)

2 - Pick list print to pick for packing (Is this currently available? - ideally selecting orders to print a list of our part numbers, pic, description, quantity, order # and customer details to match with labels)

3 - Pack and require a copy of the invoice (paid invoice/receipt) to pack with the goods for the customer's convienance

4 - Print Postage labels (currently manually go into Australia Post MyBusiness and add the order - would be great if this could be integrated like eBay)

5 - THEN come back to square online, click shipped and add tracking information into order details screen?

Would be absolutely amazing if this could be done on one screen with editable fields for tracking number etc... (understanding that there may also be items that go on back order for other businesses - we don't sell inventory we don't have on hand due to leadtimes)

Message 3 of 6

Um... also there's no invoices in Square normal even though we've made sales, so not sure how to print a PDF of it using square online only?

Message 4 of 6
Admin

Hey @Philadene,

Thanks for your feedback! At the moment you can email your customers a receipt from the Square dashboard, by going to Transactions, clicking on the transaction in question and "Resend Receipt" - though if it's a Square Online transaction, you're correct, this won't have sent initially. You can also view the receipt from here and print from your web browser, save it as a PDF (per the instructions above) or take a screenshot of the receipt and then print it out.

The ability to do this automatically via Square Online is currently a feature request, I do hope we can improve the options here in the future. Your customer will be emailed an order summary after placing the order though, including what they purchased and the total amount.

At the moment there's no way to print a list of items from Square to add to an order - I'd recommend the customer references the order confirmation email as an alternative, or you could look at manually doing this outside of Square.

Postage label integration is something that will hopefully come to Square Online - I'd image this would be a through a 3rd party postage app as is done with the US version of Square Online!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 6

100% agree, I have  similar sales model with a mix on online store orders and those created via invoices.  I have peak times when I have 100’s of orders due for delivery at the same time and making sure i pick / pack and don’t miss any items in orders is a nightmare and really stressful at these times.  I would love a pick list and / or the ability to generate a list of orders / invoices and items for those bulk times.  

Message 6 of 6