x

Postage Upgrade Options for Customer

@Links to members

Is there a way to add postage upgrades in the shipping section. 

If a customer wants to have their item sent Express Post I will need to make an option and charge them for it. 

I have set up Standard Shipping and Free Shipping but I cannot see where I can add Express Post. 

If anyone can help I would be most grateful. 

Thanks

Louise

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Admin

Hey @Looeezzee,

You can edit shipping rates and add new ones via your Online Store Dashboard

Go to Settings > Shipping > Add Another Rate. From here, add your new shipping rate option and press Done, then Save once you're back to the general Shipping options page.

You should now see different Shipping rates similar to this example:

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 11

@Seamus 

Thank you - Have set this up now 

Great Instructions !

Louise

Message 3 of 11

I would love some more info on this? I can't seem to find an option to add multiple rates within the shipping profiles? I am wanting to offer standard and express shipping?

Thanks

Jordan

Message 4 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Heya @jordanlm,

You can set up your Shipping rates via your Square Online dashboard, it's moved to Fulfillment > Shipping rather than Settings. 

From there, you can manage and create multiple shipping rates as per Sheamu's reply above. Take a look at this detailed guide for step-by-step instructions. 

Please let us know how you go!

Message 5 of 11

Thanks! I have set these up but can't seem to have multiple rates for the same item (if i add to another rate, it removes them from the first rate?)

Message 6 of 11

Thank you for clarifying, @jordanlm, I see what you mean now! 

In this case, you'd want to add both the express, and standard shipping rate via one Shipping profile. Let me take you through the steps to achieve this via an example I set up in my test account: 

1. Click Add shipping profile and enter a name for internal use (I used Domestic shipping here, for example)

2. Specify whether this rate applies to all items, or select the items you'd like this rate to apply to.

3. Add the countries you're shipping to. 

4. Select Add rate and enter the shipping name you'd like customers to see on their end, e.g Express Shipping. 

5. Click Add another rate for all additional rates you'd like to offer and select Save once you're done. 

This way, your customers will be able to choose between multiple rates when checking out. I hope this helps! 

Message 7 of 11

Thanks Arie. I don't seem to have that option in my browser? Either on my desktop or phone 

Message 8 of 11

Ahh here we are 

Screenshot_20220930-124940_Samsung Internet.jpg

Message 9 of 11

So it seems to be when i select certain items, rather than ALL... HOwever i have an item that is charged as a bulky item...

Message 10 of 11

I'm so glad you got to it in the end, @jordanlm! Let us know if you need a hand with anything else. 

Message 11 of 11