x

Printing Order Tickets from Multiple Locations

Hi All

Just wondering if its possible to print order tickets to a different location?

I.e.

I have a cafe kitchen that uses a wifi printer (TSP100III) and connected to 'WIFI-A'. 

I am located about 50 metres away from the cafe with the iPad POS, customer places an order here. The iPad POS is connected to my Phone Hotspot, as I can't reach 'WIFI-A'. 

Is there anyway I can still take the order on my iPad POS (being connected to my hotspot) and get the order reciept to be printed at the cafe via 'WIFI A', so my chef can prepare the order?

Any help is appreciated. 

Many thanks 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @jline1,

Thanks for reaching out. 

If you're using an Ethernet/WiFi printer, both POS devices would need to share the same WiFi network in order to communicate with the printer, so you won't be able to connect it while it's hotspotted to your phone for internet.

The only thing I can think of that may help the situation, short of relocating the router, is a WiFi signal booster - signal boosters are a little hit and miss and we can't guarantee one would work (as a lot still depends on your local operating environment).

Sorry we couldn't be of more help here, let me know if you have any follow up questions though! 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2