x

Problems with Discount setup

Hi,  I have been trying to set up some additional discounts on products and I am having all kinds of trouble.

I have set up a 'Craft Sale' discount of 20% on two different sized organza bags.  I then want an automatic discount based on quantity for these bags (in addition to the 20%). i.e. 10% for 5-9 bag packs and one for 20% for 10+.  I have followed the instructions to the letter and there seems to be an issue.

As you will see from the photo of the setup of the discount, I have set it up as a quantity discount for the two different bags with a minimum of 5 (I have not done the 10+ one as yet) and if they order 5 they get the 10% on the total. This was according to Square instructions.

So you will see on the photo in the App that the 20% discount was applied on the two bag packs that I put into the checkout (which is perfect), but it also allows me to put the 10% discount on the two bags even though its not the minimum of 5 and WORSE STILL, it applies the 10% discount on items that arent even listed on the discount setup.

Can you see anything that I have done wrong?  I have reread everything and you are able to put multiple discounts on an item so I am not sure of what the heck is going on 😞

Kind Regards

Robyn

Discount Setup.png

Square app checkout.jpg

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @RobbieB thanks for reaching out with your question!

I've just taken a look at this on my own account to see if I could replicate this issue. I noticed in your screenshot that you have created the discount rule to apply to the total quantity. In testing this on my account, I set the discount rule to apply to the exact quantity instead and found this worked as expected.

Did you want to try and give this a go on your end by selecting the Buy 5-9 Organza Bag Packs Discount > under Automatic Discount select Edit discount rule >  change this to Exact quantity.

I've included some screenshots below for reference. Give this a try and let me know how you go!

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hi Laurie, thanks for your response but it doesnt make any difference by picking the “exact” quantity vs minimum. I set it up as TOTAL because the rule states that:

If a person buys a MINIMUM of 5 then the 10% is off the TOTAL of the two different kinds of organza bags (which are the ONLY products I have selected in the rule).

By using EXACT it still puts the 10% discount on 1 pack and still takes 10% off all things in the library, just not the organza bags.

Even if your solution did work, that would mean that I would have to set up seperate discounts for 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and so on, packs which is a tad ridiculous.

kind regards Robyn

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @RobbieB thanks for giving this a try!

There isn't anything else in your example that stands out to me as something we can quickly amend. At this point, I suggest discussing this further with our support team who will be able to take a better look into your account than what we're currently able to via the Seller Community forum.

You can reach out to support on 1800 760 137 (Mon - Fri, 9 am - 5 pm Melbourne time).

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4